Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 29 Transfer/ FH Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭onrail

Once you play the FH chip, can you play around with your team as much as you like before the transfer deadline?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

dsmythy wrote: »
    He could start and be subbed off "reinjured".

He could, but i think SK could request their own doctor to review the injury in question, to ensure the player is actually injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭SkySter

Seriously thinking Odegaard for Son as a bit of a differential, although I like the idea of Moura who in the past has done well when Son is injured. Dunk for Cancello the other move leaving me with just stones for MCI defensive cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

dsmythy wrote: »
    He could start and be subbed off "reinjured".

Yeah that could happen too. But Id imagine that Son himself wont want any shenanigans as he'll get grief from a football mad public back home in South Korea if their best player is out 'reinjured' for a game against Japan of all nations. Its a grudge match of a fixture for them, similar to Ireland v England for us. Its only a friendly fixture but any South Korean worth their salt will want to play in that game. Son himself wont want any suggestion Spurs are playing fast and loose with a game that is a matter of national pride.

Even if he were to be fit for this weekend Id say Jose will be keeping his cards close to his chest. But it'll be interesting to see if he is released to go to South Korea, if hes anywhere near fitness he'll want to play badly himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

A lot would depend on Burn playing.

If Burn starts then Veltman would be a great option on the right hand side and I’d choose him over Dunk.

If Burn misses out because of his hamstring then Veltman will likely drop in to the back 3 with Gross playing on the right hand side and that makes Dunk a better option.

No help really unless you hear if Burn starts or not.

Dunk currently the safer bet.

Think I will go Dunk yeah. Even if Veltman ends up in the wingback role I’ll still have that set piece dream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Have 9 players with son and Bamford after doing M Pereira to Raphinha.

Resisting urge for a -4 as don't think it's worth it. No arsenal cover but if I can thread water this week it would be fine. Good run in then of proper gameweeks.

Going to captain Raphinha tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Thoughts on this? I’m not convinced by any transfer this week! It’s for a -4.

Cancelo > Coufal
    Mitchell > Dunk
    Salah > Raphina

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

After the Europa Draw I would be staying well clear of Arsenal assets, being handed the best possible QF/SF draw and will without question lead to Arteta putting all their eggs in that basket, be plenty of rotation in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Quickest ever transfer research and team selection, 1 minute 34 seconds tops! Interest is gone.

2 FT's, Cancelo and KDB out for Tierney and PEA. Armband onto PEA. Gives me 10 players with 3 yellow flags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

onrail wrote: »
    Once you play the FH chip, can you play around with your team as much as you like before the transfer deadline?

Yes, tinker away but dont take out players that have gone up a lot in value until you're sure you want rid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Used my 2FT's on Dallas and Bale. Took KDB and Pereira out.

Islander13 wrote: »
    Yes, tinker away but dont take out players that have gone up a lot in value until you're sure you want rid
    Value shouldn't really be a consideration this week. Can't see anyone not having millions in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

CSF wrote: »
    Value shouldn't really be a consideration this week. Can't see anyone not having millions in the bank

Yes if just looking at this week but there are more Gws to come

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Any love for Lacasette lads? Was thinking of him in for DCL

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thoughts on Antonio? Think he's looked very leggy in the last couple of games. A week off will help but not sure I want to double up with Lingard. Keep chopping and changing, thank god deadline is this evening or I'd be tinkering for the night.

Islander13 wrote: »
    Yes if just looking at this week but there are more Gws to come
    Thankfully, FH won't affect that. Once the deadline passes this evening, your regular team's value will be at the same value as it would have been if you had never played the FH.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

sterling gundog out auba raphina in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭onrail

Might as well be buying tickets for a raffle this week lads.

Try and strategise all we want, but its going to be chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Decisions, decisions..

Have Martinez, Targett, Dallas, Raphinha, Kane, Watkins and 2FT

Potential options are:
    Pereira to Lingard
    DCL to Antonio
    Salah to Bale (but will he start after last nights debacle?)
    Lowton to Dunk.

Think I'll take a -4 and do 3 of them...which ones would you do if it were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No captain thread for this week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Benimar wrote: »
    Decisions, decisions..

Have Martinez, Targett, Dallas, Raphinha, Kane, Watkins and 2FT

Potential options are:
    Pereira to Lingard
    DCL to Antonio
    Salah to Bale (but will he start after last nights debacle?)
    Lowton to Dunk.

Think I'll take a -4 and do 3 of them...which ones would you do if it were you?

Do you still have your wildcard? I would do Lingard and Dunk in anyway. DCL still has a rearranged match with Villa to play so if you still have your wildcard you could get rid of him. I have DCL so am sticking with him, because it's another transfer for me down the road if I take him out as my wildcard is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

claw wrote: »
    Do you still have your wildcard? I would do Lingard and Dunk in anyway. DCL still has a rearranged match with Villa to play so if you still have your wildcard you could get rid of him. I have DCL so am sticking with him, because it's another transfer for me down the road if I take him out as my wildcard is gone.

Yeah, still have the WC, so can get DCL (and Salah if needs be) back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Barnes, Pereira and Stones out for Lingard, Tierney and Cresswell (-4). Have no FH or WC left so planning bringing those guys in with the longer term in mind as well as this gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Benimar wrote: »
    Yeah, still have the WC, so can get DCL (and Salah if needs be) back in.

Then I think Lingard or Antonio are much of a muchness to be honest. I would do the 2 other transfers (Dunk and Bale). You'd have to think Bale would play. I don't think there are any right answers this week regarding team selections!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Not free hitting as been building to this week (damn Son injury hurt) so gone Son to Raphinha now

Have Martinez, Cresswell, Dallas Lingard, Bale, Raphinha, Kane (C), Bamford and Watkins so that should be more than most do unless free hitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Undecided on Coufal vs Konsa. Both at home and probably equally as likely to concede. Already have Martinez but doubling up on some upcoming fixtures could be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Grealish update
    The latest from Smith
    Smith gave an update on Grealish at his pre-match press conference on Friday morning.

“I'm hopeful for Jack,” said Smith. “I will leave it until Sunday morning. He's not trained with us at the moment but he's pain-free and running.

“Ultimately, it will be his decision. I'm hopeful but if he doesn't play then I can certainly guarantee he'll be pretty much ready to return for the Fulham game after the international break (April 3).

“I know Aston Villa fans will be fretting that it's a long-term injury, it's not a long-term injury as I've said. It's always been one where we've been guided by Jack who's been suffering the pain.

“I'm hopeful but we will leave that until as late as we can. He hasn't trained with the group. He's been running and can strike a ball. But he hasn't trained and I'll sit down and see if he can train tomorrow or not.”
    https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grealish-injury-latest-avfc-spurs-19936433

Sounds like he is 50/50 for Sunday v Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Anyone else considering or already done Son to Bale for a hit? Need some reassurance/someone to share the misery with if/when Son starts and scores a brace and Bale blanks and comes off injured after getting a yellow card

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

Salah to Bale
    Mitchell to Dunk

• Advertisement

I’m interested to see how big the rank rise will be for someone who has taken no hit, before a ball has even been kicked.

Advertisement