Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are ALL your systems down this morning?

Options
  • 13-03-2021 11:32am

Hello - my card was declined in error this morning, and when I try and log on to either mobile app or online I'm getting "unrecoverable error" message.  Phone calls to customer service are all being cut off:  any statement about what is going on please?  Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Hello - my card was declined in error this morning, and when I try and log on to either mobile app or online I'm getting "unrecoverable error" message.  Phone calls to customer service are all being cut off:  any statement about what is going on please?  Thanks.
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here this morning. You should have no difficulty with logging into the account now if we can ask that you try this again. Card payments are being processed as normal can we check with you have you tried using the card more than once this morning and receiving the same message?

Thanks Jen

Hi Jen - appreciate the response.

I can confirm - the mobile app is now back up again.  
    Online is not working - it's pending security clearance that is not arriving to mobile app. But never mind.

The card payments attempted but declined (twice) this morning are now showing as multiple In Progress transactions - so I'm not attempting again until these are cleared correctly (it's now up to a sum of several '000s) or I understand what the problem was and the glitch has worked through.  Don't trust your systems this weekend -  there are also maintenance notices up for tomorrow :(

Once customer service are answering / back I'll ask them to verify the card once more before I get another decline.

Hi Jen - appreciate the response.

I can confirm - the mobile app is now back up again.  
    Online is not working - it's pending security clearance that is not arriving to mobile app. But never mind.

The card payments attempted but declined (twice) this morning are now showing as multiple In Progress transactions - so I'm not attempting again until these are cleared correctly (it's now up to a sum of several '000s) or I understand what the problem was and the glitch has worked through.  Don't trust your systems this weekend -  there are also maintenance notices up for tomorrow :(

Once customer service are answering / back I'll ask them to verify the card once more before I get another decline.
    Hi There,

Thanks for getting back to us here. Have you since been in touch with a customer representative in relation to this?

Thanks Jen

Hi Jen,

Not yet - they must be busy today...  I will reach out to you again with details via PM if my balance still hasn't  updated correctly by tomorrow morning and/or I can't get a call through.  Appreciate your support.  C.

Hi Jen,

Not yet - they must be busy today...  I will reach out to you again with details via PM if my balance still hasn't  updated correctly by tomorrow morning and/or I can't get a call through.  Appreciate your support.  C.
    Generally if a transaction has failed on your account or has been processed incorrectly it can remain as a pending transaction on the account for up to 5 working days before being automatically rectified on the account. We would recommend that you keep an eye on the account over the coming days.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement
Advertisement