Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Left cover off oil tank for a week - is rainwater going to be an issue?

• 13-03-2021 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

I checked the oil level in our tank last week and when I was done I forgot to replace the cover on the opening. We have had some quite heavy rain during the week so I'm wondering if any rainfall that got in is going to be a problem?

Probably not a lot got in - its a standard 1200 litre oil tank, standard opening. The oil level is pretty low, probably will order a full fill next week or the week after.

Thanks for any advice or information anyone can give.

Comments

Oil floats, water at the bottom. If its near empty anyway can you drain it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

If the water comes out the outlet into the burner pump, it's going to be an expensive fix. Give your service guy a call. He can dip it using a water finder paste and advise you if any further action is needed.
    If you have a filter at the tank, you could empty it's contents into a jar and see if there is water in it. Although that will only tell you what it's like at the time, not what it's like a day later

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭jimf

if only a week you are probably ok

at next service ask your service guy to dip tank for water contamination

Advertisement