Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with an old gaggia classic

Options
  • 13-03-2021 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

I finally replaced my old warhorse gaggia classic.

In truth fairly neglected (occasional descale) over the years, but I have half a mind to tinker with it and try and upgrade it as a little project. I was never brave to do it whilst I was relying on it in case I left myself without coffee. Is it worth trying to restore and upgrade it now? Plenty of resources, it seems, online to guide you through different options. Given its age (10 plus years) and lack of servicing would I just be wasting my time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You can start any project and stop at any time if it looks like it's not worth bothering.

Why not start and assess it. Nothing to lose but couple of hours of time . Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

uberwolf wrote: »
    I finally replaced my old warhorse gaggia classic.

In truth fairly neglected (occasional descale) over the years, but I have half a mind to tinker with it and try and upgrade it as a little project. I was never brave to do it whilst I was relying on it in case I left myself without coffee. Is it worth trying to restore and upgrade it now? Plenty of resources, it seems, online to guide you through different options. Given its age (10 plus years) and lack of servicing would I just be wasting my time?

There's plenty of old Gaggia classics still out in the wild! Coffeeforums.co.uk has some great threads with full rebuilds, the classics are fairly easy to work with and parts are handy enough to come by.

I fitted a PID, OPV valve, and did some other tinkering with my old one a few years back and it was a breeze to work with to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Dis you do anything with this in the end?

Advertisement