Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog microchipping and licensing

• 13-03-2021 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

An elderly neighbour of mine wanted to microchip his dogs with all the robbing going on at the minute, but hes never licensed any of his dogs. If he microchips them will the dog warden be out to him then? I wasn't sure so said I'd ask on here. Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

He may licence and micrichip now. Its only once a year for licence and not very expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭J.R.

They don't backdate the licence & look for fees for such.

If he licences the dog(s) this year it's €20 per dog annually.

He doesn't have to pay a licence fee for years gone by...start this year and every year thereafter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

AFAIK the two systems are not connected.
    I registered a new dog recently and there was no requirement for license number.

Here's a good source of information on Control and Ownership of Dogs

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/animal_welfare_and_control/control_of_dogs.html

Advertisement