Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

65” Sony Bravia TV in curry’s for €240

Options
  • 13-03-2021 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Just bought a 65” Sony tv for €240 discounted from €2500 on curry’s. No confirmation email as yet. What are my consumer rights if Curry’s say this price was a typo/ mistake. Do they have to honour the sale?
    SONY BRAVIA KD65A85BU 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV with Google Assistant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

No, they don't. It's a clear misprice and they'll cancel them all in bulk.
    You'll get your money back eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

paulkeno wrote: »
    Just bought a 65” Sony tv for €240 discounted from €2500 on curry’s. No confirmation email as yet. What are my consumer rights if Curry’s say this price was a typo/ mistake. Do they have to honour the sale?
    SONY BRAVIA KD65A85BU 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV with Google Assistant

The can just say NO STOCK.....SORRY!!

Cant see them honoring that discount......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

When you click the link it brings you to a JVC TV, you may have purchased a different TV at that price.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

When you click the link it brings you to a JVC TV, you may have purchased a different TV at that price.

Have seen a screenshot of an order confirmation as mentioned. Clearly a misprice

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Admin: I think this is more suited to the Consumer Issues forum. Please note that the local charter now applies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 paulkeno

I have a screenshot of my order confirmation. Money is pending in my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

paulkeno wrote: »
    I have a screenshot of my order confirmation. Money is pending in my account.

Isn’t there something in their t&cs to the tune of, the contract is not formed until goods are dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

There’s already a thread on this in bargain alerts.

Absolute no hoper and you have no rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Sale isn't complete. You are entitled to a refund & this might take a few days. Businesses are allowed to make mistakes. You cannot force them to sell at a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Dav010 wrote: »
    Isn’t there something in their t&cs to the tune of, the contract is not formed until goods are dispatched.

yep
    Our contract after you have ordered
    Firstly, don’t panic if you make any mistakes during your order, you can correct any input errors right up until you confirm payment. Once you’re happy everything is correct and you’ve submitted an order you’ll be given an Order Reference Number and details of the products (and/or services) you have ordered. You’ll then receive an email headed ‘Order Acknowledgement’ recognising receipt of your order. We will then send a further email headed ‘Order Confirmation’. This second email also lets you know how your products will be delivered to you. If we have to cancel all or part of your order for any reason, we will email you to let you know.

If you have placed an order by telephone and you don't have an email address, we'll give you the Order Reference Number over the phone and post you a copy of your receipt.

Sometimes we have to hold our hands up and admit we have made a mistake by unintentionally publishing inaccurate information on the site (e.g. the price, description or availability of a product you have ordered). In this instance we may have to cancel your order at any time, even if you have received your Order Confirmation email, and you will receive a full refund of any charges already paid. Refunds can take up to 5 working days to appear back into your account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

When the kids ask for more pocket money;
    callaway92 wrote: »
    Absolute no hoper and you have no rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

Would a company force you to buy at 2399? Is there any way legally they can just force people to handover money at this price?
    Why the hell would you think you are some way entitled to this?
    I love the way people will either try to complain and see if there is legalities to force companies into selling what is clearly a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 25 paulkeno

Order was cancelled by currys. Ah well it was nice to dream for a while. They said it was a price error.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 Deseras

I got refund today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Your health is your wealth not your 65" Flat screen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Deseras wrote: »
    I got refund today

For what??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭dubrov

bilbot79 wrote:
    Your health is your wealth not your 65" Flat screen

But what if it was OLED?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    For what??

Nothing. Re-reg troll.

There is no consumer issue here, so locking the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement