Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Courier for online business

• 13-03-2021 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I operate my business from home in a rural area in Munster. One day a week I send 10-15 packages, mainly large Jiffy bags and a couple of small boxes not weighing more than 2kg. Currently I'm using An Post as there's a post point in the local shop which is handy. Currently I'm using the An Post advantage card which gives me 25 labels for €149. Labels can be used on any parcel/package up to 10kg. Works out at just under €6 a parcel.

Do other couriers offer a service where they call to your home to collect the parcels at an agreed time one day a week? Would need to be after 3 o'clock. From my limited research it looks like I'm best off just continuing with the An Post option? In fairness the deliveries are generally being delivered next day and can be tracked using the labels.

While I'm at it does anyone have a recommendation for a stationary provider? Jiffy bags, bubble wrap, small boxes etc...

I'm also looking for a address label printer if anyone can recommend a device. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Contact DPD, Nightline etc directly to get rates for that sort of business. My local office supplies does most of he supplies, Amazon for the other. Generally I'd do a google search for machines in Ireland.

Advertisement