Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Braught goods, online trader says human error

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Dav010 wrote: »
    C’mon, there are very few items online that can only be bought on one site, if the reputation of your business depends to that extent on an online purchase being delivered, maybe that is something you need to look at.

Every business occasionally makes mistakes, most customers understand this, even yours.

I google for a price - as long as it meets my timeline I will go for the lowest one. That is just simple logic.

As OP mentions seller made no attempt to contact and it was on the OP after the expected delivery date. That date may have damaged to OP's business with his/her customers if it was for a business.

Once again what kind of morals mean people expect others to pay for their mistakes. Odd mindset.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Once again what kind of morals mean people expect others to pay for their mistakes. Odd mindset.

Or profit from the mistakes of others?

Graham wrote: »
    Or profit from the mistakes of others?

Still wanting the buyer to pay for the sellers mistake are we?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

If a mistake is made, the buyer isn’t paying for the sellers mistake, but they may be profiting from it.

If a mistake is made, the buyer isn’t paying for the sellers mistake, but they may be profiting from it.

By definition the buyer is paying, literally paying with their money no??

But hey, twist it like a corkscrew. As long as the seller makes his/her profit to hell with the buyer... Haha.

Bad seller deserves the name... OP is right to be peeved.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

It's a mistake. If the order is refunded, everyone is whole, nobody haas taken advantage of anyone.

It's probably academic anyone regardless of your dubious moral argument that buyers should be permitted to profit from mistakes.

Many online retailers state in their Ts & Cs that payment is not acceptance of an order.

Graham wrote: »
    It's a mistake. If the order is refunded, everyone is whole, nobody haas taken advantage of anyone.

It's probably academic anyone regardless of your dubious moral argument that buyers should be permitted to profit from mistakes.

Many online retailers state in their Ts & Cs that payment is not acceptance of an order.

But now my business cannot fulfill an order and loses a customer.

Glad the seller is ok though...

I am being pedantic, but there are knock on effects of mistakes and while the seller is covered by his t&c's doesn't make it fair and right.

Our opinions may differ.

The OP stated that the seller made no contact to try and amend, this is a bad seller in my opinion and should be avoided. A proactive one would be viewed differently by me in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

I am being pedantic, but there are knock on effects of mistakes and while the seller is covered by his t&c's doesn't make it fair and right.

Our opinions may differ.

The OP stated that the seller made no contact to try and amend, this is a bad seller in my opinion and should be avoided. A proactive one would be viewed differently by me in fairness.

Do you deserve a bad name if you can’t deliver for your customer?

Do you deserve a bad name if you can’t deliver for your customer?

Yeah, especially if I don't tell them until after the date they should have received my product.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

Our opinions may differ.

This is a consumer issues forum ... there are differences between b2c and b2b transactions .. if you are in business you should either be aware or make yourself aware of the differences.

As has been pointed out to you almost all contracts and quotes tend to have the clause ‘error and omissions excepted’ which is there to protect both parties.

Contract law also tends towards contracts having to be reasonable and not to have detrimental terms. Online retailers operate in low margins and a mistake of €100 on a single item could make it a loss making transaction. It is morally wrong to even think that forcing someone to sell something at a loss is the right thing to do. Thankfully there are protections in place for retailer and consumers online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

keredern wrote:
    The Cube compares very well with it by all accounts, but obviously not quite as sleek or fast!

If you get 55 euro in fuel at filling station, pay 60 euro cash but get back change for 100, isnt telling staff that they made a mistake the right thing to do? Walking out the door knowing that you have 40 euro of their money is little more than theft.

Some of the comments here trying to force curry's to lose 2k on each tv due to a simple mistake is not unlike trying to sue when you fall off a swing while holding drink. I hope I never see these posters complain about the compo culture that is ruining this country

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

LillySV wrote: »
    Has the customer and business not entered a contract if he has already been offered an invitation at said price, then once paid to business and money is accepted , it is a contract that must be honored

A lot of online retailers have a clause in their Terms & Conditions, seperate placing the order online with them entering a contract, and this is their out in many cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

LillySV wrote: »
    I’ve reported your little insults there... step back from the keyboard if you can’t debate and stay civil

You do not need, and should not post that you've reported posts, nor attempt to backseat moderate the thread

As for the content of the posts - your posts are as or more problematic than those you reported. There is little point trading infractions here. You both need to improve the quality of your posting.

Do not reply to this post (this applies to everyone)

Advertisement