Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interruption of sound through PC speakers

Options
  • 13-03-2021 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,612 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully this will be understandable.

I have a set of PC speakers connected to my work laptop when WFH.

Normally sound is perfect, when I am listening to radio etc via the net.

However, if I happen to be on a website on one of my tabs, and its got moving adverts at the side etc, I get several momentary (split second) glitches in the sound.

Any reason for this, and any fix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Could be audio from the ads trying to play. Are you using Chrome? You can disable autoplay I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,612 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah its Chrome, but its not an advert like you'd see on the Indo website, or the RTE player.
    Thats not the type I mean.

Its the ones that are maybe at the top, or side, of the page you are reading.

In fact, I just found an example, and there isn't even any sound involved that could be clashing with the radio station I'm listening to.

Try this website, and when I just leave it on the screen, when the top portion scrolls to the left, it causes a glitch in the sound of the radio station

https://farer.com/

Are you using Firefox 86 browser by any chance?

On my low spec i3 dell this browser only generates a lot of crackle when i play youtube. all other browsers like opera and chrome

EDIT saw you were using Chrome Try the latest version of Opera. Also worth trying Brave browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,612 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Are you using Firefox 86 browser by any chance?

On my low spec i3 dell this browser only generates a lot of crackle when i play youtube. all other browsers like opera and chrome

No, using chrome.

Think laptop is a decent spec too

Advertisement