Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Variable Mortgage - Switch Provider Very Early

• 13-03-2021 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi

I'm a first time buyer. If I start a Variable Rate Mortgage are there any restrictions if I want to switch my mortgage to another provider a couple of months in to the term?

Is there a minimum term I need to serve? I assume my broker's commisison would be affected if I switch early?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Chranchel wrote: »
    Hi

I'm a first time buyer. If I start a Variable Rate Mortgage are there any restrictions if I want to switch my mortgage to another provider a couple of months in to the term?

Is there a minimum term I need to serve? I assume my broker's commisison would be affected if I switch early?

Thanks

You'll obviously have to go through a whole new mortgage application with valuations, solicitors etc but nothing stopping you. If you take the bank's 2% cash back and want to move back to that bank again in the future it could cause problems (I've had one friend not given a UB mortgage for this reason)

Advertisement