Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread ban

Options
  • 13-03-2021 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭

I received a thread ban off the Coronavirus thread , I don't normally dispute a ban as the majority are deserved. However this time I feel it wasn't and that the Mod for whatever reasons seems to have brought personal bias into their actions. Can someone look at this for me. I haven't posted a dispute before so I hope I have done it correctly.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this via PM with the mod?

That's teh first step in any appeal process here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you attempted to resolve this via PM with the mod?

That's teh first step in any appeal process here

I PM'd the Mod twice last night and they responded today. They are happy with their decision regarding the thread ban.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello.

It's the weekend, so please allow some extra time for a CMod to review things and they'll get back to you as soon as possible.

There's no need for you to post on here again until you see a reply from a CMod. You won't be overlooked.

Thanks.
    I PM'd the Mod twice last night and they responded today. They are happy with their decision regarding the thread ban.

Shield wrote: »
    Hello.

It's the weekend, so please allow some extra time for a CMod to review things and they'll get back to you as soon as possible.

There's no need for you to post on here again until you see a reply from a CMod. You won't be overlooked.

Thanks.

Please feel free to close this appeal and thread. After 5 days I'm no longer interested in a reply that I suspect will confirm Baggly's sanction. May I also suggest that Help desk is an oxymoron, the responses (or rather lack of) on this thread are the very opposite of Help.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

If you're willing to give us a bit more time, I'm happy to flag this with the CMods again. It's rare that things like this are overlooked, but human errors do occur.
    Please feel free to close this appeal and thread. After 5 days I'm no longer interested in a reply that I suspect will confirm Baggly's sanction. May I also suggest that Help desk is an oxymoron, the responses (or rather lack of) on this thread are the very opposite of Help.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Apologies for the delay

I'll give the CMods a nudge, but if none are available I'll have a look at it myself later on

Shield wrote: »
    If you're willing to give us a bit more time, I'm happy to flag this with the CMods again. It's rare that things like this are overlooked, but human errors do occur.

You said Sunday my issue wouldn't be overlooked. I would prefer if the thread is closed now I have no interest wasting anyone's time including my own on what I now perceive to be a foregone conclusion.
    Thanks.

Beasty wrote: »
    Apologies for the delay

I'll give the CMods a nudge, but if none are available I'll have a look at it myself later on

Thanks for the reply but I would prefer at this stage to drop the appeal I 'm not interested in wasting mine or anyone elses time.

I have now looked at it anyway and am setting out my thoughts:

This was the post in question:
    I suppose it demonstrates how things have changed. My son was informed he was a close contact on Tuesday morning. Tested Tuesday evening, negative test result Wednesday.
    Oh and Covid is not the death sentence some would have you believe or that a lung transplant is guaranteed.

This was the mod comment when issuing the threadban
    Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

Literally 4.5K people dead in Ireland. Dont post in this thread again.

I've also looked at the relevant reported posts

Now in isolation a threadban may appear harsh. Indeed your post was not carded. However I've looked at your overall "record" in that thread. yes the busiest, most voluminous thread in the history of the site. But you have picked up 9 yellows and 1 red in that thread alone. I saw another mod's comment ion the reported post thread that perhaps sums this up - "death by a thousand cuts"

I appreciate you have been left hanging around a little, but it's only 5 days since you started this thread. Yes it has taken a while, but it's really not that long

Anyway, as you have to some extent predicted it as a foregone conclusion, but regardless I do feel there are strong grounds to support the threadban. Hence I am upholding it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement