Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working for Sky Handling Partners

Options
  • 13-03-2021 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi. Can anyone tell me what it's like to work for Sky handling in Dublin Airport. Been offered a job as ramp agent and looking for any info.
    Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Fair play, I didnt think anyone was being hired these days.

Its a start, and from what I have been told they turn over staff quickly for those who want to work directly for an airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Fair play, tons of people would kill for that job regardless of the weather just to be around aircraft, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭The Witches Cat

Fair play, I didnt think anyone was being hired these days.

Its a start, and from what I have been told they turn over staff quickly for those who want to work directly for an airline.
    Thanks. Do you know what they are like to work for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Great company to work for.
    Employees work together with no union interference or old working structures.
    Great start in the airport if you wish to move to other areas in time. Many have carved out long careers within Sky Handling as plenty of promotional opportunities with hard work and dedication, Not so easy in larger more established organisations. Good fun and exciting environment to work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭The Witches Cat

sparrowcar wrote:
    Great company to work for. Employees work together with no union interference or old working structures. Great start in the airport if you wish to move to other areas in time. Many have carved out long careers within Sky Handling as plenty of promotional opportunities with hard work and dedication, Not so easy in larger more established organisations. Good fun and exciting environment to work in.

Do you work there yourself??

• Advertisement

Do you work there yourself??

Yes

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Yes

Apologies I read that as did you work there.
    I left SHP a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

A quick look on glassdoor shows that its an o...k place to work. Anybody decent gets out after a while.

Also the current jobs on offer range from check in which is 20 cent above minimum wage at €10.40 per hour to €11.40 for "aircraft service agent" aka baggage handler.

Fairly low money for jobs that start at 3am and also working outside in everything that the Irish climate can throw at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,311 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A quick look on glassdoor shows that its an o...k place to work. Anybody decent gets out after a while.

Also the current jobs on offer range from check in which is 20 cent above minimum wage at €10.40 per hour to €11.40 for "aircraft service agent" aka baggage handler.

Fairly low money for jobs that start at 3am and also working outside in everything that the Irish climate can throw at you.

A lot of the positive reviews are left by management, both Glassdoor and on
    Indeed... the grammar, use of certain wording, overwhelmingly professional and positive light that they want to show the company in is identical.... same person... when it’s not this person, experiences are negative.

Also advertising photos shows a happy beaming ‘passenger’ with luggage checking in...and a beaming passenger service agent or their equivalent title... the ‘passenger’ is Gerard Kenny the ‘group operations manager’, not a passenger at all...

Pay is rock bottom as was the general experience of a couple of people who I know that worked there...

Working in ramp operations is working in an inherently dangerous, risk filled, tough and challenging environment.....the pay needs to reflect this, the pay doesn’t get near reflecting it nor compensating people for their time, effort, expertises and risk / environment...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Strumms wrote: »
    A lot of the positive reviews are left by management, both Glassdoor and on...........

Also advertising photos shows a happy beaming ‘passenger’ with luggage checking in...and a beaming passenger service agent or their equivalent title... the ‘passenger’ is Gerard Kenny the ‘group operations manager’, not a passenger at all...
    Thats some seriously shoddy work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement