Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would like to appeal radio ban

• 13-03-2021 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I would like to appeal a radio ban. I have PM’ed the mod - who has been online - but he hasn’t replied. I can send my (and his) PM if required? In fact I’d ask you look at both please.

The ban references “trolling” and “bigoted language”; I don’t believe either are valid in this instance.

Can you please action?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I see someone has been on commenting on my appeal and had their comment removed. Would it be possible to look at my case now please as we’re already on Day 2?

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ButtersSuki View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Atlantic Dawn View Post
    Good to see shares in Ronseal are still a good investment. Whoy is the priest not in jail?
    https://twitter.com/tourismcheckIrl/...59863063609348

Travelers robbing old people, having 300+ at funerals and weddings and not a mention of it on RTÉ - where truth matters........in its hole.

The above is my post. The events I mention are matters of fact. I passed no disparaging comments at the perpetrators. My comment is clearly aimed at the lack of coverage by RTÉ of these events. Please explain to me how this is either bigoted or trolling as referenced by the mod.?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod:

We see your appeal. It's the weekend, so please allow extra time for a CMod to gather information first, and they'll post a reply as soon as possible.

Thanks.
    I see someone has been on commenting on my appeal and had their comment removed. Would it be possible to look at my case now please as we’re already on Day 2?

Shield wrote: »
    Mod:

We see your appeal. It's the weekend, so please allow extra time for a CMod to gather information first, and they'll post a reply as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Ok, thank you.

Hi.

Can someone look at this please? It’s now 5 days into the ban. This is really unfair that it’s taking this long to review.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've given the cmods a nudge to have a look at this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Real life demands has taken precedence with the Entertainment CMods this week I'm afraid. If they can't get to your DRP in the next 24 hours, myself or another admin will take on the role of CMod and look at your appeal. You'll still be entitled to an admin review from another admin, if you're not happy with the outcome.

Admin: I'd like to remind everybody that other than the appellant, CMod or admin, only invited parties are welcome to participate in this thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I am having Medical Appointments but will look into this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It would seem that this Ban has already been reversed by the forum mods on the 15th.

What else is required?

CabanSail wrote: »
    It would seem that this Ban has already been reversed by the forum mods on the 15th.

What else is required?

Has it been rescinded? I’m not fully up to speed on the ins and outs of the system but I found this one to be particularly egregious. I also would like to discuss this further with someone but not in a public forum if I may?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Has it been rescinded? I’m not fully up to speed on the ins and outs of the system but I found this one to be particularly egregious. I also would like to discuss this further with someone but not in a public forum if I may?

The ban was lifted on the 14th of March at 19:57. If you wish to discuss this further privately you'll need to PM the mods involved.

But as there's no further ban to be disputed at this point, I'll close and mark this resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement