Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too early to paint fence?

Options
  • 13-03-2021 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi,

When is it generally OK to start painting a fence? I have the last week of March off work and was hoping to do it then, but wondering if its a little early still.
    The fence is a pretty good quality fence. I plan to paint with Sikkens Cetol HLS (it is smooth baltic pine wood).
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭billyhead

ravendude wrote: »
    Hi,

When is it generally OK to start painting a fence? I have the last week of March off work and was hoping to do it then, but wondering if its a little early still.
    The fence is a pretty good quality fence. I plan to paint with Sikkens Cetol HLS (it is smooth baltic pine wood).
    Thanks!

Once it's dry and the temperature is at average for the end of March it should be fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 Deseras

I painted in snow one year

End of March be fine for that chore, sikkens is top quality gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,458 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Did a bit of mine during the dry spell earlier in the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This week will be sunny with temps in the early teens which means in direct light it'll be nearer 20 if there's no wind - more than enough for fence painting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement