Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow cooker

• 13-03-2021 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi. I would like slow cooker results but I don't have a slow cooker. Can I just use my oven?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've moved this to the main Food forum and added a tag :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Yes, absolutely.
    In fact the higher temperature of the oven will give more caramelisation and flavour and a tastier stew.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ecdi

Yes, absolutely.
    In fact the higher temperature of the oven will give more caramelisation and flavour and a tastier stew.

What temp and for how long for say a joint of beef or pork to get slow cooker results?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

ecdi wrote: »
    What temp and for how long for say a joint of beef or pork to get slow cooker results?

Around 120c is a good starting point for say 4 hours.
    From there you can experiment with lower and longer or hotter and shorter.
    I find it best to cover slow roasts with foil or a lid if using some sort of casserole/Dutch oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ecdi

Around 120c is a good starting point for say 4 hours.
    From there you can experiment with lower and longer or hotter and shorter.
    I find it best to cover slow roasts with foil or a lid if using some sort of casserole/Dutch oven.

Will give it a go, thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement