Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC External Bell Buzzing Noise

Options
  • 13-03-2021 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently I have noticed an intermittent buzzing noise in my house, it sounds electrical. I killed the power at the fuse board and I could still hear the noise. The only thing still running was my alarm external bell. I'm pretty sure the noise is coming from it.

Has anyone ever experienced a problem like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

pobber1 wrote: »
    Hi,

Recently I have noticed an intermittent buzzing noise in my house, it sounds electrical. I killed the power at the fuse board and I could still hear the noise. The only thing still running was my alarm external bell. I'm pretty sure the noise is coming from it.

Has anyone ever experienced a problem like this?

This noise, is is an intermittent beep or a intermittent buzz ?

Do you have a low battery indication from a domestic smoke detector?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭pobber1

kub wrote: »
    This noise, is is an intermittent beep or a intermittent buzz ?

Do you have a low battery indication from a domestic smoke detector?

Definitely a buzz, on for a second then off for a second then on for two seconds the off again, the pattern is some random variation of that.

I can only hear it at the front of the house where the external bell is. It's very noticeable when the house is quite.

All my smoke detectors are showing normal operation.

My plan was to kill the power at the main fuse board again then pull the battery out of the alarm central control unit to try and confirm that it's the external bell making the noise but I'm worried the alarm will go off when I remove the panel and I won't be able to disable it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

pobber1 wrote: »
    Definitely a buzz, on for a second then off for a second then on for two seconds the off again, the pattern is some random variation of that.

I can only hear it at the front of the house where the external bell is. It's very noticeable when the house is quite.

All my smoke detectors are showing normal operation.

My plan was to kill the power at the main fuse board again then pull the battery out of the alarm central control unit to try and confirm that it's the external bell making the noise but I'm worried the alarm will go off when I remove the panel and I won't be able to disable it.

Perhaps you might have a faulty Bell Box but i have never in all my years heard a buzzing from them, the reason primarily is that I do not know of any manufacturers bell box with a buzzer in it, they are all sirens.

Ok if you do remove the power from your panel and remove the panel battery then your external siren will more than likely sound, by that i mean a lot louder than a buzz, so irrespective of where the buzz is coming from, it will be drowned out by the noise.

Advertisement