Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations of dictaphones

Options
  • 14-03-2021 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

As we are now two weeks away from orals and really panicking about recording of the orals and the zero percent help from SEC/Dept I am nervous about the running of the orals. I know we are being told instructions will be followed in due course but it’s absolutely ridiculous that we have to wait until being told so close to Easter holidays. There are over 200 Leaving Certs where I teach and have to wait until portal closes before I can see how many students/teachers needed for running orals/scheduling orals during Easter. We have to think of making sure students not clashing their gaeilge/ MFL orals also.

I am an examiner for the orals and I have forgotten the name of the dictaphone SEC provide us with. It is very good but have to look at price seeing as SEC/Dept won’t provide us with them - school has to go ordering them now. This is extremely unfair on the schools - we have enough to worry about and now this obstacle. I am even thinking of getting my own but then have the issue where we will I know be told “ no personal devices”.
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Rosita

I am an examiner for the orals and I have forgotten the name of the dictaphone SEC provide us with. It is very good but have to look at price seeing as SEC/Dept won’t provide us with them - school has to go ordering them now. This is extremely unfair on the schools - we have enough to worry about and now this obstacle. I am even thinking of getting my own but then have the issue where we will I know be told “ no personal devices”.
    Thank you

Can't comment with authority in the question of an actual device though the one used for orals every year is excellent. Maybe a call to the SEC would identify it?

As for the bit in bold................I will be the first to email SEC, Dept of Ed, and Teaching Council if there's a hint of using our own devices (knowing full well it'll not be acknowledged never mind acted upon). If they want to organise the process do it properly.

I'd also be inclined to let the SEC do the panicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Random sample

We have been told that iPads will be used in our school. I’m not sure what app etc though

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭pandoraj09

We've been told web cams will be used.

Advertisement