Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooker Issues

Options
  • 14-03-2021 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Have a really expensive cooker/ range installed nine years. Should last decades. Needs annual servicing €200. Had to replace a flue fan 4 or 5 times in those years. Each time circa €400 parts and labourcost. The latest fan broke down after one year. The company service engineer recently told me the fan and Motherboard ( €1000) have failed. The cost for a fix plus labour €1500. Advice to scrap the machine as replacing the parts will be short term solution. I took out the motherboard and fan and sent to a independent electronic engineer. He said the motherboard was 100%. The one year old fan was completely corroded including the body, motor and pcp board corrosion. He said design of the fan flue not fit for purpose. He has tested the mother board with a new fan and working perfectly. I have put circa €10000 into this cooker in those years. I feel very letdown by engineer advice and having to continuously replace the fan. I challenged the company on the fan and mother board repair and they reduced the cost to €1000. What’s my best approach with the company ? Have I grounds to take this further such as small claims court? I feel like I am being ripped off . Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Not entirely sure where you're seeking recourse but the statute of limitations on something like this is six years so you'd probably be out of luck against the original retailer.

You might have some comeback on the fan replacements as I'm sure they're meant to last longer than a year.

Advertisement