If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV

Options
  • 14-03-2021 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I'm looking to upgrade my TV.  Currently have a Samsung 4k but it doesn't have HDR etc.  I'd be looking at something fairly future proof for a few years but I wouldn't have a big budget.  I was looking at this Philips  on your site as it has HDR and Dolby Vision but I'm not sure how good it would be in picture quality etc. and I can't walk into a shop to have a look.  Could you give me some more info on this or guide me in the right direction, please?  Will be using it with new Xbox Series X for games and 4k blu ray.  I might be willing to pay a little more if necessary.  My room size would probably limit me to 55" max I'd think. Also in relation to the Philips is it the PUS8555 or PUS8535?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

mossie wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm looking to upgrade my TV.  Currently have a Samsung 4k but it doesn't have HDR etc.  I'd be looking at something fairly future proof for a few years but I wouldn't have a big budget.  I was looking at this Philips  on your site as it has HDR and Dolby Vision but I'm not sure how good it would be in picture quality etc. and I can't walk into a shop to have a look.  Could you give me some more info on this or guide me in the right direction, please?  Will be using it with new Xbox Series X for games and 4k blu ray.  I might be willing to pay a little more if necessary.  My room size would probably limit me to 55" max I'd think.  Also in relation to the Philips is it the PUS8555 or PUS8535?
    Hey Mossie.

Thanks for the post and sorry for the delay.

The Philips 8 series are great televisions.
    They have a good as image, have Edge lighting are 10Bit (8Bit + 2FRC) and 50Hz.
    It also uses a Android operating system which is a bonus.

However at the moment we have none of the 55PUS8555 or 8535.
    It has been dropped off of our stock list so it might not come back into stock again.

The 50PUS8535 is in stock.
    The reason they are mark 8555/8535 is because they are the same spec set but we have got our hands on some of the 8535 versions.

The only other you could check around this price point would be the Panasonic 50HX800 priced at £699.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204642-panasonic-tx50hx800b-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

If you dropped to  49" we have a web returned LG 49NANO866 which has HDMI 2.1 to get the best from the new gaming consoles.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-14199-lg-49nano866na-clearance-web-return-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-nanocell-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mossie

Hey Mossie.

It has been dropped off of our stock list so it might not come back into stock again.

The reason they are mark 8555/8535 is because they are the same spec set but we have got our hands on some of the 8535 versions.

The only other you could check around this price point would be the Panasonic 50HX800 priced at £699.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204642-panasonic-tx50hx800b-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

If you dropped to  49" we have a web returned LG 49NANO866 which has HDMI 2.1 to get the best from the new gaming consoles.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-14199-lg-49nano866na-clearance-web-return-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-nanocell-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

So you have the 50PUS8535 in stock? How much is this going for? I like the look of the LG but I would like Android TV for the range of apps. I'll have to think it over for a while. Why was the LG returned?

I think I would be interested in the LG if it's still available.

Hey Mossie.

So you have the 50PUS8535 in stock? How much is this going for? I like the look of the LG but I would like Android TV for the range of apps. I'll have to think it over for a while. Why was the LG returned?
    Hi Mossie.

Thanks for coming back to me.

We do have the 50PUS8535 in stock priced at 649 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204829-philips-50pus8555-8535-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

As far as I can remember the LG was returning as the customer realised he should have went for a larger set.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Hi Mossie.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204829-philips-50pus8555-8535-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

As far as I can remember the LG was returning as the customer realised he should have went for a larger set.

I think the LG is probably more suited for me. Android isn't a big deal anyway. How can I order this?

• Advertisement

Hi Mossie.

I think the LG is probably more suited for me. Android isn't a big deal anyway. How can I order this?
    Hi Mossie.

I have just went to check and it seems it has already been snapped up elsewhere.
    The "Buy It Now" Button has been removed but I'll have to get it dropped from our site.

Apologies about that. Stock is moving super quickly these days.

Hi Mossie.

I have just went to check and it seems it has already been snapped up elsewhere.
    The "Buy It Now" Button has been removed but I'll have to get it dropped from our site.

Just too slow, thanks anyway. I might go for the Phillips in the next few days, I'll have to think it over.

Hi Mossie.

Just too slow, thanks anyway. I might go for the Phillips in the next few days, I'll have to think it over.
    Hey Mossie.

No problem at all.

I'll keep my eye out in the mean time for anything else that might be of interest to you.

Hey Mossie.

No problem at all.

I'll keep my eye out in the mean time for anything else that might be of interest to you.

That would be great, thanks.

Hey Mossie.

No problem at all.

That would be great, thanks.
    No worries Mossie :)

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.