Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

48sq metre patio cost

• 14-03-2021 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Recently got quoted 6300 to lay a a 48 sq metre patio.
    The patio will be a silver granite on concrete slab, with black cobble edging.
    Tbh I thought it was expensive considering half the area is already paved so there isn't much digging to be done.
    Access for a mini digger isn't an issue.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone had a similar job done and how much it cost.
    Based in cork btw.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi all,
    Recently got quoted 6300 to lay a a 48 sq metre patio.
    The patio will be a silver granite on concrete slab, with black cobble edging.
    Tbh I thought it was expensive considering half the area is already paved so there isn't much digging to be done.
    Access for a mini digger isn't an issue.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone had a similar job done and how much it cost.
    Based in cork btw.

Get 2 more quotes for the same job.
    Only way to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Seems a bit OTT any pictures or a drawing, what material are you requesting exactly, natural or recon, what way is the access for delivery etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭P2C

Does that include the granite slabs or just the labour, fill , machine hire ?

Done some similar but with 2ft walls stone faced either side in sandstone, sandstone slabs and capping. Had to get a machine in to dog out a bit of the garden and load of rubble for the base. 7 k for materials sandstone slabs and walls stone faced on both sides and a built in bbq/ sink with recessed lights

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

P2C wrote: »
    Does that include the granite slabs or just the labour, fill , machine hire ?

Slabs included.
    Bit steep in my opinion, but I could be wrong...

• Advertisement

P2C wrote: »
    Done some similar but with 2ft walls stone faced either side in sandstone, sandstone slabs and capping. Had to get a machine in to dog out a bit of the garden and load of rubble for the base. 7 k for materials sandstone slabs and walls stone faced on both sides and a built in bbq/ sink with recessed lights

That sounds more like it tbh.
    I was looking for a 2ft walls at one edge of the patio and the price went up to 9k!!
    Where are you based?

macadam wrote: »
    Seems a bit OTT any pictures or a drawing, what material are you requesting exactly, natural or recon, what way is the access for delivery etc?

It's more or less 6x8
    The slabs themselves are a concrete slab with a granite venieer.
    Good access at side of house for mini digger etc...

It's more or less 6x8
    The slabs themselves are a concrete slab with a granite venieer.
    Good access at side of house for mini digger etc...

So its a concrete slab with shot blasted granite finish, whos the supplier? 600x300??

Sorry we got someone and that’s what they charged. Sligo. When doing a job like this I always get a machine man in myself to dig out the area and put in the hardcore, level and machine roll. My machine man was €300 for a one tonne and €350 for a load of 804. The guys that do grounds work are generally very good and know what there at. The other thing is I always source and buy all the materials myself as I know what I am paying for ie slabs, cobbles and fuge for pointing. It’s mad the difference in stone from suppliers . I just ordered building stone/ granite sills from Laois and saved €500 in from a local supplier. I normally just get a price for labour. The cost will depend on materials but if you send a sketch to any of the stone companies you should have a good idea how much the materials cost. Laying 48 square meters and pointing not sure how long but depends on size of pavers. But a week would see it done I say .

quote="harvester of sorrow;116584213"]That sounds more like it tbh.
    I was looking for a 2ft walls at one edge of the patio and the price went up to 9k!!
    Where are you based?[/quote]

"FUGE" are contractors still using this sh1te?

• Advertisement

So its a concrete slab with shot blasted granite finish, whos the supplier? 600x300??

Yeah exactly that I'd say,
    Kilsaran or Tobbermore I think...

Yeah exactly that I'd say,
    Kilsaran or Tobbermore I think...

Id be buying these around €20 perm2 or less. have you a lay out or a drawing.
    Contractor is probably a bit on the expensive side a grand or so but would like t see what hes facing. If you want to PM me more details Ill take a look but its well away from me my days travelling for work any further than 1 and half hours, are done theres plenty at home.

Id be buying these around €20 perm2 or less. have you a lay out or a drawing.
    Contractor is probably a bit on the expensive side a grand or so but would like t see what hes facing. If you want to PM me more details Ill take a look but its well away from me my days travelling for work any further than 1 and half hours, are done theres plenty at home.

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shelly24

We are getting a 50 square meter silver granite patio at the mo, they had to strip the old deck too, they are planting a huge row of laurels, removing old bushes, putting a whole new plant boarder on a massive wall, removing one large area of stone that was around a tree, putting up new fences, a new loose stone area too and removing a huge tree that is rooting near our house and it's coming in a 7. 5k so yours seems expensive for just a patio.
    We got a quote for just the patio and it was around 4.5

shelly24 wrote: »
    We are getting a 50 square meter silver granite patio at the mo, they had to strip the old deck too, they are planting a huge row of laurels, removing old bushes, putting a whole new plant boarder on a massive wall, removing one large area of stone that was around a tree, putting up new fences, a new loose stone area too and removing a huge tree that is rooting near our house and it's coming in a 7. 5k so yours seems expensive for just a patio.

Thanks for that, there's some difference there!!
    Where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

"FUGE" are contractors still using this sh1te?

I just used it on a DIY patio and it’s amazing! Absolutely brilliant stuff

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    I just used it on a DIY patio and it’s amazing! Absolutely brilliant stuff

Its the worst description of joint filler ever invented, its ok and easy to use of your a DIYer but it will not last as long as some of the other DIY products.
    Can you post a picture or two for reference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

shelly24 wrote: »

Are you getting this job done in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Toby22

Hi, finally got patio’s laid. Had all the slabs, salvaged from construction works. The cost of sand,grit and mini digger was 1,600 and labour was 3k. It took them 9 days to lay it. Friends of himself so probably a bit of “mates rates”. I don’t know the measurements but have three large areas covered and edged in granite kerbing along the lawn

Advertisement