Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mira Elite ST Shower changed head/hose low flow

• 14-03-2021 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

I have a Mira Elite ST shower and I changed the head and hose to a Euroshowers Simple Jet Shower Set I got in Woodies because the old holder for the head was broken. I now find that when using the shower after the water warms up and I reduce the temperature the low flow light comes on and the water goes completely cold. I am unable to get a temperature that is comfortable.
    I saw that the thickness of the hose from the head to the shower unit was narrower in the replacement Euroshowers part. I concluded this was the problem so I swopped hoses, using the new shower head with the old hose. This solved the problem. However the old hose won't fit into the Euroshowers holder on the wall as that's obviously designed for the narrower Euroshowers hose.
    Ideally I'd like to use the Euroshowers hose. Is there some adjustment inside the shower itself to cater for the narrower Euroshowers hose?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The hose & head you bought aren't suitable for an electric shower. The hose is restricting the flow of the water. Best option is to bin the spurious hose & head & use the genuine mira ones. You can buy a replacement mira shower head holder

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Appreciate the reply, thanks very much. What you say makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I managed to squeeze my old Mira shower head into the Euro showers holder. Will do me until it snaps :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Happy days

Advertisement