Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC France 2023

Options
  • 14-03-2021 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭

Has anyone out any research into a ferry & campsite trip to any of the Ireland pool games?

Nantes, Bordeaux and Paris I think our games are in, would be interested in doing at least one of these via ferry and camper rather than flying.

Any thoughts on which would be the best trip in terms of suitable ferry routes and whether there's anywhere good to camp nearby. We've no toilet on board so would need a serviced site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Ferries I presume to Cherbourg from Rosslare. We had the camper in Paris when the kids were small back about 2007. We camped in the Bois de Boulogne. Campsite on the banks of the Seine and easy access to the city. In fact we did a couple of days in EuroDisney by simply getting the train across the city.
    Anytime we went to that part of France (Eastern France/Germany/Holland) we always went through the UK and used the tunnel.
    I suppose if you were doing Nantes or Bordeaux you could also go to Roscoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Assuming the new Brexit Buster ferry routes remain, you will have an unprecedented number of options to travel by ferry. Cherbourg, Roscoff, St Malo and Dunkerque for a convenient route to Paris.

There are excellent and plentiful camper halts outside all of these cities, usual portals will help. Just research the onward public transport options, but for the RWC there will likely be additional services laid on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Ireland South Africa on 23rd September, is in Paris would be a target for me.
    Tickets on sale from today if you are a "2023 Family" club member and a Mastercard holder.
    Otherwise tickets on sale April 6th for "team" and "group" packages.

General ticket sales not until 2022.

Advertisement