Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban and card

Options
  • 14-03-2021 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Banned and received a red card in this thread

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058168055/1

Mod said it was a straw man and bad faith argument. I completely disagree with the accusation.

Could someone help me with this? Thank you.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted yo resolve this with the mod via PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarcozies

Yes I have. They just continued their stance that I was 'strawmanning' and acting in bad faith. One poster claimed something wasn't happening and I quoted a few posts that showed it was. I was genuinely curious to see their views on what I raised and wasn't at all in bad faith.

I wasn't even given a warning. Just red card and banned.

Also I accidentally might have clicked the wrong section to put this into. It was in after hours, could someone change it to that please?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sarcozies wrote: »
    Also I accidentally might have clicked the wrong section to put this into. It was in after hours, could someone change it to that please?
    The thread/card is actually in Current Affairs

Both AH and CA are in the Social and Fun category, with the same Category Mods responsible. I will alert them to this appeal

Beasty wrote: »
    The thread/card is actually in Current Affairs

Both AH and CA are in the Social and Fun category, with the same Category Mods responsible. I will alert them to this appeal

Ah, okay. Perfect. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi Sarcozies,

I can look into this for you. Can you either post the PM conversation here please or forward it to me at your earliest convenience.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Done. Thank you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Sarcozies wrote: »
    Done. Thank you.

Thank you. Please bear with me.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

No rush required.

Hi Sarcozies,

I've had a chance to look into this for you.

I agree with the moderator in that you seem to have reworded quotes in order to frame them in such a manner as to portray them as blaming all men. Your rewording has been interpreted by the moderator as an attempt to derail the thread. Upon inspection, I'm not seeing any real effort to contribute here. Rewording the quotes to make them appear inflammatory doesn't really add anything of value to the thread. 

In the PM's, you've not seen the point that the moderator was trying to make.

On this basis, I am upholding the infraction. Please let me know if you would like to request an admin review.

• Advertisement

Hi Sarcozies,

I've had a chance to look into this for you.

I agree with the moderator in that you seem to have reworded quotes in order to frame them in such a manner as to portray them as blaming all men. Your rewording has been interpreted by the moderator as an attempt to derail the thread. Upon inspection, I'm not seeing any real effort to contribute here. Rewording the quotes to make them appear inflammatory doesn't really add anything of value to the thread. 

In the PM's, you've not seen the point that the moderator was trying to make.

On this basis, I am upholding the infraction. Please let me know if you would like to request an admin review.

Hello,

It wasn't meant to derail a thread. A poster said no one was blaming all men and I quoted a few posts in the very thread and asked did they consider posts with just "men..." seem generalising to them? Since many people don't see it that way, by changing just one word for another demographic, many would see that as blaming the whole group and so I did that. It wasn't in bad faith, I'd have loved to have heard the posters response, and it's not a straw man which the mod said the post was infracted for.

Yesterday there were posts discussing the mass forced sterilisation of men in the thread, these could be viewed as going off topic but I wouldn't want them shut out of the conversation. I got no warning and straight to a red card and ban. Does that seem just?

Can I ask if someone on boards has a thread on over representation of crime by the traveler or black populous, can people post "blacks need to...." "Travelers have a violence problem" etc or would those kind of posts not be allowed on the site?

If you have a problem with a post, please report it. Moderators do not screen posts before they appear on the site.

We're here to discuss your infraction, not other posters' contributions. Do you want to appeal to an admin?

If you have a problem with a post, please report it. Moderators do not screen posts before they appear on the site.

We're here to discuss your infraction, not other posters' contributions. Do you want to appeal to an admin?

Since you're a mod could you answer me this?

Can I ask if someone on boards has a thread on over representation of crime by the traveler or black populous, can people post "blacks need to...." "Travelers have a violence problem" etc or would those kind of posts not be allowed on the site?

The CMod has upheld the sanction

Do you wish an Admin to review this?

Please take any other issues to Help Desk. This thread is to deal with your appeal and not other enquiries

Beasty wrote: »
    The CMod has upheld the sanction

Do you wish an Admin to review this?

Please take any other issues to Help Desk. This thread is to deal with your appeal and not other enquiries

Hi yes I would please. My query had to deal with my appeal. I'm asking if the same type of posts are allowed or punished like mine was??

It's very weird how no one will answer my query tho.

This appeal deals with your sanction, and not any other posts

I have nothing to add to the CMod comments and am upholding the card and threadban

Resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement