Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What phone to get?

Options
  • 14-03-2021 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

I have an iPhone 6s since summer 2019. Fairly happy with it but battery gone very poor
    Since 2010 I’ve only had 3 phones, all iPhones (4,5,6s)

Was thinking about changing, but what to get?

I’m with vodafone payg, happy with it. Good coverage where I live and for €30 a month I get everything I need so would stick with PAYG

I’m open to considering something other than iPhone. But is it very difficult to change being so used to it?

Id like something with a good battery, I’d take a few photos here and there so a decent camera would be good, I use it a lot watching YouTube, Netflix etc so a good clear display is important.

Budget in around the €350 mark.

Any advice or suggestions very welcome, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

benji79 wrote: »
    I have an iPhone 6s since summer 2019. Fairly happy with it but battery gone very poor
    Since 2010 I’ve only had 3 phones, all iPhones (4,5,6s)

Was thinking about changing, but what to get?

I’m with vodafone payg, happy with it. Good coverage where I live and for €30 a month I get everything I need so would stick with PAYG

I’m open to considering something other than iPhone. But is it very difficult to change being so used to it?

Id like something with a good battery, I’d take a few photos here and there so a decent camera would be good, I use it a lot watching YouTube, Netflix etc so a good clear display is important.

Budget in around the €350 mark.

Any advice or suggestions very welcome, thanks

Pixel 4a

And move to post mobile or clear mobile. Both on the Vodafone network but cheaper.

• Site Banned Posts: 21 U2erthy

You can get new battery installed

U2erthy wrote: »
    You can get new battery installed

That would be a cheap way of staying with apple alright. The 6s is more than 5 years old at this stage though. Will it even get the next ios version?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

If you can up your budget at all the Huawei P30 Pro is brilliant. Camera is amazing. I'm payg with Vodafone. Get all calls, all texts and 10Gb of data a month for €20, if that would suit you maybe change to that plan and save €120 a year and put that towards new phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

DopeTech wrote: »
    That would be a cheap way of staying with apple alright. The 6s is more than 5 years old at this stage though. Will it even get the next ios version?

I’d say at this stage for me it’s not even worth keeping the phone with it’s age even though the new battery is a solution

• Registered Users Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Got this for my brother the other day and he is delighted with it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/POCO-NFC-Smartphone-Punch-hole-Penta-Camera/dp/B08G9N272T

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Anyone got anymore recommendations?

I’d kind of decided on Pixel 4a but as some might be aware there’s all sorts of problems trying to order this at moment with Vodafone

Advertisement