Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guide versus actual selling price in Dublin recently

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

brio09 wrote: »
    we were bidding for a house that was asking 650. bids started at 640 and went sale agreed at 735.
    so insane price hikes.
    also, have you seen https://www.thejournal.ie/impact-of-pandemic-on-house-prices-in-ireland-5384503-Mar2021/ ?
    Don't suppose that's a house in D18 a few minutes' walk from a Green Line stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭tscul32

DataDude wrote: »
    Know someone selling house in SCD in the 600-700 range. Just gone sale agreed 15k+ under asking and 10k below what it was sale agreed for 18 months ago. I wouldn't assume everything is going way over asking and not even enquire on that basis. Take each house on it's own merits - rules of thumbs aren't helpful as it varies so much from EA to EA.

Think the more expensive houses are not moving the same way the starter homes are. We were looking at one that had just dropped 60k in the asking. EA said there was no interest at the previous price, a few enquiries after the drop but interest was very slow. Think we're the only ones who viewed. Over €700k pricetag.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,515 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hi All,

A quick question as to recent experiences of bidding/buying a house in Dublin (inside the M50). Are guide prices a decent indication of final selling prices? Or are they deliberately set slightly lower to hook in a few excited bidders?

I’m considering buying in Dublin (3bed house) and don’t want to waste my time on places then to see them spiral out of my price range.

I know there is of course a lot of variation in experiences yet thoughts welcome on this.

No.

We recently looked at putting ours in the market. Below are the lines we got from estate agents

Lisney, put it on at 495, expect 525. Going low to draw people in.

Sherry Fitz, put it in at 525, expect 565.

Hunters, put it on at 495, go low, get interest and then push it up to 560..

My wife, put it on a 650, see if people are stupid.

One we are looking at was asking 555, sold for 590, picked a lower offer than ours from a buyer not in a chain

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Emma2019

Further evidence of large price increases.

https://www.thejournal.ie/daft-report-3-5395912-Mar2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭brio09

ionapaul wrote: »
    Don't suppose that's a house in D18 a few minutes' walk from a Green Line stop?

yes, seems like you know it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭brio09

brio09 wrote: »
    another house in stillorgan area with an asking of 699 has gone up to 780.
    sometimes it feels like when agents don't follow the rules and let people view the houses, that drives up the prices a lot for that house.

we went forward with this one - definitely felt some heartburn from the weird bidding war but glad to be able to move from rent to our own house now!

Advertisement