Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest way to send a parcel

Options
  • 15-03-2021 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

I've started selling some items online and im finding the cost of postage is becoming an issue.

Im selling Funko Pops and they weigh about 100g on their own. They have to be in good condition so I have to sell them in a box.

The cheapest I can see is €8 with An Post to send a parcel.
    Sometimes the item is worth only €10 which means €18 is way too much and puts potential buyers off.

I know selling in bulk would be best as it would only cost €9 to ship up to 6 Funko Pops. However, people seem to only want one Pop here and there.

Any tips around this?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

Are you talking about within Ireland? An 100g packet with An Post is €3.80. 250g is €4.80.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Warbeastrior

VG31 wrote:
    Are you talking about within Ireland? An 100g packet with An Post is €3.80. 250g is €4.80.

Thats a packet. The lightest parcel is €8. Even if it's only 100g. My issue is these items have to be shipped in a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

The Funko Pop website sends them by DHL for €4.95 p&p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

Thats a packet. The lightest parcel is €8. Even if it's only 100g. My issue is these items have to be shipped in a box.

They look quite small to me. They should easily fall under the "packet" size. The maximum dimensions for a packet are:

a combined length, height and depth of 900mm (no individual dimension can exceed 600mm, with a tolerance of 2mm)

https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Sending/Sending-Guide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

You need to understand the sizes.

A "packet" is about the size of a shoe box. But when you add the weight of the box you are probably at 200g which is €3.50 I think.

You can also look at advantage card labels. Pack of 25 is €149 and you can send a 10kg box for that. Google "an post advantage card"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

Price up courier companies. An post is a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Price up courier companies. An post is a waste of time.

They won't quote on the level the op is doing.

An post are actually quite good on domestic parcels. I have a 95% + next day delivery with 200+ parcels sent daily and that includes Friday dispatch being delivered on Saturday.

International delivery for ALL post services is slow due to the lack of flights as most international mail is airmail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Go in to your local Post Office and chat to them, I run a small PO and would be delighted to help out small businesses as yourself.

Atm there are a number of options open to you from prepaid jiffy bags at €5.40 to parcels with tracking up to €10kg at €6.

Ive given lots of tips and advice to small businesses in my locality as its good business for me to keep them coming in to my PO.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You can send parcels via Parcel Motel for about €4.50, I think.

Advertisement