Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderation

Options
  • 15-03-2021 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I feel the moderation of my thread in PI was more akin to after hours. People who post in that forum deserve to be able to describe an issue as they see it without ridicule from a mod.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I've been a mod of PI for more years than I care to remember now, so I took a look at the thread, and am unsurprised to find that I disagree with your summary of events.

I'm not going to link the thread here, but you asked a question, and you were given pertinent and relevant advice from a forum mod as well as regular members of the forum. At no point were you ridiculed, it seems that you were given advice/feedback that you simply didn't want to hear. I'm sorry you were disappointed with the outcome, but at no point were you dealt with unprofessionally.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

For future reference, you can delete your own threads, but only within 48 hours of the first post.

See Question 4 in our FAQ forum here for a tutorial on how to delete your own threads within this time limit.

Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Tokyo wrote: »
    I've been a mod of PI for more years than I care to remember now, so I took a look at the thread, and am unsurprised to find that I disagree with your summary of events.

I'm not going to link the thread here, but you asked a question, and you were given pertinent and relevant advice from a forum mod as well as regular members of the forum. At no point were you ridiculed, it seems that you were given advice/feedback that you simply didn't want to hear. I'm sorry you were disappointed with the outcome, but at no point were you dealt with unprofessionally.

Giving a large number of people posting on this thread are in a vulnerable state, I find the lack of empathy appalling. This is not about the advice given but how a mod, moderated. Shield below has offered more relevant advice that both you and the original mod in one line. Obviously I will never open a thread on PI again but I genuinely feel for vulnerable people reaching out for support on it. If you offer a place for people to seek support make sure you are part of the solution and not adding to the problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement