Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website error

Options
  • 15-03-2021 11:52am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭

I'm getting the following issue on my website. Anyoen have any idea what to do?

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

This is all that is displaying. I set it up for a friend, a pure basic website in Wordpress and I cannot log into the back end either.

I have access to a control panel for hosting on Helm.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Contact the hosting provider.

Helm? I thought that was long defunct

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

This is all that is displaying. I set it up for a friend, a pure basic website in Wordpress and I cannot log into the back end either.

Wordpress is not simple website :)

Most likely value in config file wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

markmoto wrote: »
    Wordpress is not simple website :)

Most likely value in config file wrong.

I've no access to the Wordpress back end though.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

I've no access to the Wordpress back end though.

And how did you set it up?
    if you have logins to cpanel, you can edit files of file manager or setup ftp.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭MouseMan01

If you are not comfortable editing the config file in WordPress. Then I'd do what the system tells you to do ie. a complete reinstall.

• Advertisement
Advertisement