Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage application / time-line query - Job status for mortgage approval

Options
  • 15-03-2021 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

Hi Team,

I have a query in relation to mortgage approval and a potential job change. 

We are looking at a new home that would be ready to move in by March 2022 (pending construction re-commencement). This could potentially be pushed back. 

At what stage would we need to sign off contract offer / have full mortgage application complete just so I know my timelines in relation to the potential new job offer that I may accept / decline very soon depending on the possible impact on the mortgage application. I am in a permanent job already but moving job would mean I would not have permanent status until after probation period ie; 6 months. 

I assume mortgage approval would require I am in a job for a minimum of 6 months / have permanent status?

Many thanks in advance,

F1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Team,

I have a query in relation to mortgage approval and a potential job change. 

We are looking at a new home that would be ready to move in by March 2022 (pending construction re-commencement). This could potentially be pushed back. 

At what stage would we need to sign off contract offer / have full mortgage application complete just so I know my timelines in relation to the potential new job offer that I may accept / decline very soon depending on the possible impact on the mortgage application. I am in a permanent job already but moving job would mean I would not have permanent status until after probation period ie; 6 months. 

I assume mortgage approval would require I am in a job for a minimum of 6 months / have permanent status?

Many thanks in advance,

F1
    Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. As all applications are assessed on a case by case basis with a number of factors taken into consideration we would recommend that you contact our Mortgage Team directly on 1890365345 and out colleagues here will be happy to discuss this in more detail. The team is available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

We hope this helps.

Thanks jen

Advertisement