Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central register of bank accounts

• 15-03-2021 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a central register of bank accounts (i.e. a place where all of your bank accounts are noted)?

For instance, in Australia, I know that all bank accounts and any time you apply for a loan is registered on the credit reports but that doesn't seem to be the case here under the CCR reports.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Any loans - credit cards, overdraft, personal loan, mortgages are all registered with the Central Bank once you borrow over €500.

Not sure if this is the information you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭linola_c

Trish56 wrote: »
    Any loans - credit cards, overdraft, personal loan, mortgages are all registered with the Central Bank once you borrow over €500.

Not sure if this is the information you are looking for.

Thanks Trish 😊 I dont think there is any place a bank can check to see if you have just regular accounts with other banks?

About to commence the mortgage process and I have a revolut account that I transferred money back from Australia too. I dont want the hassle of having to get credit reports and the whole 9 yards for that, as I'm hoping to get approval quickly. There is no transaction between the two as I've only used it for small bits and pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

I think they will ask you in your application if you have a Revolut and look to see the transactions on it... but I could be mistaken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

No they won't ask you in the application if you have a Revolut account however if there is any transaction either as a lodgment/transfer to your current or savings account it will crop up and you will have to provide 6 months statements. They will then query any lodgments to the Revolut account in that 6 month period and Yes you will have to provide a credit report from Australia.

You will also have to answer your employment status over the past 3 years and where you resided so this could also flag Australia.

If you wish to apply to Australia for a credit report I can give you details where to apply and the fastest and least stress way to do this is by paying for the Credit Report.

Advertisement