Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AA Travel Insurance Renewal - Beware!!

• 15-03-2021 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭

Folks,

This was partly discussed previously on a thread that was locked.

(Ref: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058143900)

Just a general note of warning. Keep an eye out if you have AA Travel Insurance. Normally in the past, they at least have the courtesy to send you renewal notice email and to say it is automatic renewed if you didn't action or they didn't hear from you.

This year my dad's renewal just came straight through without the notice (Intentional or not, I'm not sure). He is not one to check his email but luckily I did. That is extremely sneaky and underhand practice by AA. Had I not check it for him, the renewal would have gone unnoticed. Got him to call that very morning that he got the email to says the renewal has gone through. AA processed the refund quite easily after he called.

I'd say business must be tough for them with many not travelling due to COVID but still, very dishonest practice.

So be warned to keep an eye out if you have one with them. My suggestion is if you have no intention to renew, it is best to call them now or email them for record purpose to say once the current period is up, you don't want the renewal to avoid the same scenario.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,669 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

If memory serves me right, the op in the thread you linked acknowledged that email relating to renewal had been recieved as per t&cs signed up to, but unfortunately was in spam folder due to the attached policy file.

Before you bleat about rogue service providers, please check what exactly your Dad signed up to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭lau1247

Dav010 wrote: »
    If memory serves me right, the op in the thread you linked acknowledged that email relating to renewal had been recieved as per t&cs signed up to, but unfortunately was in spam folder due to the attached policy file.

Before you bleat about rogue service providers, please check what exactly your Dad signed up to.

Yep, checked and re-checked. Did not get one.

He has the 2018/2019/2020 renewal letters but nope, not the 2021.

Anyway this is just to warn people to watch out.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Advertisement