Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing Permanent Ban from Politics Forum

Options
  • 15-03-2021 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭

I was recently banned from the Politics forum for a month by the mod ancapailldorcha and when I appealed it in here it was upgraded to permanent by the admin Tokyo:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116274536#post116274536

I think this is unfair for a number of reasons:

-The main one being Tokyos claim that I did not try to engage with the mods by pm on this, I did, multiple times, they were ignored or dismissed each time, he just seems to have looked at the last pms I sent, which were token requests to be unbanned in order to make a thread in Dispute Resolution as per the graphic at the top of the forum for starting the process.

There is no warning that if each pm you send isnt of a certain quality you could have a temporary ban upgraded to permanent, if Id known this I wouldn't have attempted to engage, which is all that pm was, Tokyo is laser-focused on the last communication and not the 5-10 attempts I made before that which I think is unfair.

-Secondly Tokyo claims I have to have a temporary ban upgraded to permanent because I am a permanent troll and troublemaker, I would have to disagree with this aswell, I have 16000+ posts over 12 years on boards.ie and Ive never been permanently banned from a forum or even threadbanned from a single thread in all that time. Does that not warrant at least a final warning that if you complain again you will be permanently banned? Again if I had that warning I would have just let it go, it wasnt worth risking my ability to read and post in Politics as I had been doing for the last 12 years.

(I would also like to point out there that as far as I can tell before the issue with ancapailldorcha suddenly deleting everything I posted if it contained a link, it had been last August before I was previously sanctioned in any way on any forum, not really evidence of a permanent troll and troublemaker as I was accused).

-My whole issue with ancapailldorcha (and no other mod) arose from frustration with the way I was just posting normally the way I always had in Politics for the last decade when he suddenly started deleting and carding me for everything, "Tweet dumps" "Link dumps" etc if my post contained a link even though I always included my own commentary/analysis as per the forum rules.

Yes I admit I became angry and snapped at him and I regret that now but if Id been warned the next infraction was a permanent ban I would have just stopped trying to engage with him on the issue, there was no need to upgrade my temporary ban to permanent, especially when it was as a result of attempting to use the Dispute Resolution process her in this forum not something said elsewhere on Boards.

If I could get the permanent ban lifted I would be happy never to reply to him or raise this issue again and take the original months ban I was given and/or the 3 months probation Tokyo gave me, I probably wont bother even posting in there after this tbh but I have been reading the politics forum daily for the past decade or more and I would like to retain that ability. Ive tried engaging with Tokyo by pm several times before making this thread so is there any chance someone else could take a look please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I said this to Tokyo when trying to engage by pm but got no response aswell, look at the deference shown to this poster who wanted to go down the dispute resolution compared to me, banned 3 times from a forum in 5 months and he gets another one week ban as punishment, tokyo warns him that future bans may be longer (but not permanent?):

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2058166056

Thats a fair way of dealing with someone who was being confrontational but felt aggrieved, not using their attempt at using the Dispute Resolution forum to upgrade the punishment they'd already received to an infinitely worse one which tbh Ive never seen happen before and I think should be added as a warning to the graphic at the top of the page if it wasnt just a one off occurrence in my case.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It was an Admin decision. There is no appeal

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement