Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage- Fixer Upper

Options
  • 15-03-2021 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi - I have gone sale agreed on a house which is in need of some work. The bank requested a survey which has been completed and I now need to get an estimate for prove to the bank that I have the funds to complete the work. The problem is it is proving extremely difficult to get a quote for the work. In normal circumstances once level 5 restrictions are lifted how would I go about getting a quote to fulfill the bank’s requirements?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Ask the bank will a report from a chartered quanity surveyor satisfy requirements

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pete_Lee

My bank looked for that last year and the engineer who did the structural report did up a rough costings that they accepted. Just a word of warning on this - the bank will probably hold back that estimated amount and expect you to have the money to buy the house and do the required work (i.e. double this estimate) so speak very nicely to the engineer!

Pete

Advertisement