Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bremore Pastures/Castle, Balbriggan

Options
  • 16-03-2021 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi guys,

Myself and my partner are looking to buy in the next year. We don't have a big budget but are spending a lot on rent for the last few years and want to get on the property ladder. We have been looking at Balbriggan as my partner works in North Dublin and it is generally cheaper than other places in Dublin.

There have been a lot of properties we've seen on daft in Bremore Pastures and Bremore Castle, I am just wondering if anyone lives there and could give us insight into the area? I'm just wondering if there is an issue as we have seen a lot of properties go up for sale in the area.

Thanks for your help,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Hi guys,

Myself and my partner are looking to buy in the next year. We don't have a big budget but are spending a lot on rent for the last few years and want to get on the property ladder. We have been looking at Balbriggan as my partner works in North Dublin and it is generally cheaper than other places in Dublin.

There have been a lot of properties we've seen on daft in Bremore Pastures and Bremore Castle, I am just wondering if anyone lives there and could give us insight into the area? I'm just wondering if there is an issue as we have seen a lot of properties go up for sale in the area.

Thanks for your help,

I dont know anything about the area. I hope someone here answers. Worth knocking on neighbours doors to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 coolbeans21

I dont know anything about the area. I hope someone here answers. Worth knocking on neighbours doors to check it out.

Thank you Yellow Fern! we’re conscious at the moment of Covid and not spending too much time outside our 5k but hopefully when restrictions ease we can do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭koutoubia

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=869

Maybe worth asking in the above forum.
    I live just outside the area.
    Balbriggan is a good spot and has massive potential if all of the Fingal Rejuvination plan comes to fruition.
    Could do with a few more restuarants and less takeaway's (not that that matters at the moment)
    Plenty of walks and cycles if you are into that and you are never more then a few mins away from the countyrside.
    Decent commuting options as well.
    It does have it downsides which need to be addresed.

Maybe worth asking in the above forum.
    I live just outside the area.
    Balbriggan is a good spot and has massive potential if all of the Fingal Rejuvination plan comes to fruition.
    Could do with a few more restuarants and less takeaway's (not that that matters at the moment)
    Plenty of walks and cycles if you are into that and you are never more then a few mins away from the countyrside.
    Decent commuting options as well.
    It does have it downsides which need to be addresed.

Thank you for the info it does seem like a good place to live! Hopping there will be more investment from fingal in the coming years. I’ve heard the water pressure isn’t great and there is problems with the drinking water so I might need to do more research on that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Thank you for the info it does seem like a good place to live! Hopping there will be more investment from fingal in the coming years. I’ve heard the water pressure isn’t great and there is problems with the drinking water so I might need to do more research on that

There are ways to increase shower pressure. Won't help the mains drinking water though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭koutoubia

[PHP][/PHP]

We have recently had to install a water pump after getting our bathrooms refurbed.
    The plumber said the water pressure was really low.
    I have stopped drinking the tap water a few years ago. I really didnt like the taste.
    Bottled unless its going into the kettle/coffee machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

I used to live in Bremore Castle,
    It's a nice estate and in a good location in that its an easy walk to the town/bus stop/train station.
    I found soundproofing a bit lacking in my house but other neighbours didn't seem to have the same problem.
    Water in Balbriggan is terrible so you will definitely need to get a filter fitted.
    I was in a 3 bed house and it was a good size and laid out nice.
    The town is well connected with trains/buses if you want to go to Dublin city
    Lovely walks along the beach and coast, Ardgillan park/Skerries only a short drive down the road.
    There is plenty planned for Balbriggan in future years which is very positive and hopefully will be implemented
    Good variety of sporting clubs if thats your thing.
    The town is not perfect by any stretch but I've lived here 15 years and have only positive experiences.

koutoubia wrote: »
    [PHP][/PHP]

We have recently had to install a water pump after getting our bathrooms refurbed.
    The plumber said the water pressure was really low.
    I have stopped drinking the tap water a few years ago. I really didnt like the taste.
    Bottled unless its going into the kettle/coffee machine.

Good to know we may have to factor these costs in, thanks a million for your reply

I used to live in Bremore Castle,
    It's a nice estate and in a good location in that its an easy walk to the town/bus stop/train station.
    I found soundproofing a bit lacking in my house but other neighbours didn't seem to have the same problem.
    Water in Balbriggan is terrible so you will definitely need to get a filter fitted.
    I was in a 3 bed house and it was a good size and laid out nice.
    The town is well connected with trains/buses if you want to go to Dublin city
    Lovely walks along the beach and coast, Ardgillan park/Skerries only a short drive down the road.
    There is plenty planned for Balbriggan in future years which is very positive and hopefully will be implemented
    Good variety of sporting clubs if thats your thing.
    The town is not perfect by any stretch but I've lived here 15 years and have only positive experiences.

Thank you so much for this detailed reply, overall Balbriggan seems like a good choice! I have seen some of the things that are planned and it would be great if they came to fruition! Good to know about the soundproofing will keep this in mind. Thank you for your input appreciate it

Advertisement