Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new PC advice appreciated

• 16-03-2021 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a budget of MAX 1700 euro (inc vat) and need a new computer (Windows) that will effortlessly run applications with little lag - photoshop, visual studio, run chrome browser with streaming content.

I am currently using two machines spread across 4 monitors - a Mac and Windows 7. I have Synergy software which allows me to use the same keyboard and mouse and works great. However, both machines are slow and sluggish for what I use them for and ideally want something much faster now.

My monitors are VGA and DVI with no HDMI ports however I can get cables to adapt to HDMI as I have done with my mac mini.

So, I am looking for a website that will help give me what I need - performance with the machine itself and run those applications effortlessly.

Thanks in advane

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Cringer wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have a budget of MAX 1700 euro (inc vat) and need a new computer (Windows) that will effortlessly run applications with little lag - photoshop, visual studio, run chrome browser with streaming content.

I am currently using two machines spread across 4 monitors - a Mac and Windows 7. I have Synergy software which allows me to use the same keyboard and mouse and works great. However, both machines are slow and sluggish for what I use them for and ideally want something much faster now.

My monitors are VGA and DVI with no HDMI ports however I can get cables to adapt to HDMI as I have done with my mac mini.

So, I am looking for a website that will help give me what I need - performance with the machine itself and run those applications effortlessly.

Thanks in advane

Get a Shuttle DH370 8 core i9 with 32 gb ram and 2 tb NVME sdd. I did last summer and never looked back. It's tiny, the size of an external dvd rom.
    Starts up/powers down in 2 seconds flat and zips through any app thrown at it.
    Cost me €1300.

Advertisement