Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patrick's Day Protests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Except for BLM protests right ? no risks with that, or the feminist marches in London ...

The BLM protest was last Summer ffs, what would ye do without it to keep harking back to. I daresay there isnt a hope that a similar march would be allowed in current times, though if it was there is little chance of serious disorder unlike the right fueled one recently and today, because it wouldnt attract the same amount of scumbags and yes i so appreciate that the vast majority of anti lockdown marchers are not scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The BLM protest was last Summer ffs, what would ye do without it to keep harking back to. I daresay there isnt a hope that a similar march would be allowed in current times, though if it was there is little chance of serious disorder unlike the right fueled one recently and today, because it wouldnt attract the same amount of scumbags and yes i so appreciate that the vast majority of anti lockdown marchers are not scumbags

literally featured a gang shouting that they were going to murder white people while holding them trapped in a shop
    The brother of the dead lad called for a Garda to be executed.

this apologism is insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

tommybrees wrote: »
    The people protesting today haven't organised 2500 garda to be here. Stop using the wasting resources crap there billions being wasted in this country for year's.
    What vulnerable and weak people are you talking about??
    We have giving up a year of our lives to protect them, point the finger at the politicians and HSE who haven't been able to get the act together yet.
    You think people are protesting because they miss cans? Cop on.
    Your just a troll and nobody should be giving you anymore time on this

So whats the plan? put no Garda in at all so a group can riot through Dublin breaking up everything and anything they can get their hand on?

What about the poor people who are still trying to work in Dublin? just let them get battered and shop burned down?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

BLM was during the peak of the first wave, when nobody knew any different about covid and not an eyelid bated.
    1 year on we no full well covid isn't anywhere near as dangerous as first thought and protesting is crucified.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

sebdavis wrote: »
    So whats the plan? put no Garda in at all so a group can riot through Dublin breaking up everything and anything they can get their hand on?

What about the poor people who are still trying to work in Dublin? just let them get battered and shop burned down?

Jesus christ who's rioting? Who's battering people? Your so over the top here I honestly feel sorry for you the way you think. This Ireland not a BLM protest in USA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

OK that was last summer. What about the protests in balbriggan a couple of months ago? They were literally mobbing the guarda station.

Plenty of people have also worked non stop during the lockdown. Not just in the health care system but in shops etc.
    Some business's can't get staff all during the lockdown, jobs available

People are too quick to throw everyone into one category when this is not true. Companies have started up because of what has happened.

And plenty more closed down. Plenty of people lost their income.

What's your point?

tommybrees wrote: »
    Jesus christ who's rioting? Who's battering people? Your so over the top here I honestly feel sorry for you the way you think. This Ireland not a BLM protest in USA.

Loom art the carry on the last time, if no Garda that is exactly what we would have....

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Nope, everything that follows "probably" in a statement or sentence is worthless.

I stopped at probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

The Dutch police quickly dispersed an anti-lockdown protest last weekend.

https://twitter.com/DrEliDavid/status/1371450410649726979

• Advertisement

And plenty more closed down. Plenty of people lost their income.

What's your point?

Mine is clear, whats your? throwing abuse at the Gardai on St Patrick Day is suddenly going to stop the virus?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

People bringing family and kids to these 'protests' needs their heads checked.
    There is almost always a minority who attend these things with the sole intention of causing trouble or who believe they have a license to behave like an animal at them. Unfortunately these people have ruined the peaceful protest.
    Good minded people attending these events would be minded to ask themselves what happens of they get their kids and themselves caught up in any issues?
    You want change? Lobby your local politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Who cares if people pile into Glendalough its outdoors, and if people aren't idiots it's minimal risk.

Id take that risk over people dying without seeing grandkids etc for months or ever.

I never mentioned pubs, think they have been treated awfully, but not a risk that is needed now, esp indoors

But they are..... it wasn't all carefully socially distanced individuals that descended upon the place the last time the restrictions were relaxed. It was groups of people acting as though it was a normal day trip occasion under normal circumstances. Travelling to the venue in groups and mixing with others while there, causing crowd related safety risks that would even apply in normal circumstances (restricting road access in already difficult terrain for emergency services operations).

literally featured a gang shouting that they were going to murder white people while holding them trapped in a shop
    The brother of the dead lad called for a Garda to be executed.

this apologism is insane.

I was referring to the main BLM protest, not that bunch of scumbags but i suspect you know that

kippy wrote: »
    People bringing family and kids to these 'protests' needs their heads checked.
    There is almost always a minority who attend these things with the sole intention of causing trouble or who believe they have a license to behave like an animal at them. Unfortunately these people have ruined the peaceful protest.
    Good minded people attending these events would be minded to ask themselves what happens of they get their kids and themselves caught up in any issues?
    You want change? Lobby your local politicians.

If it was a minority then the majority should stop them if they want a peaceful protest. The majority always wins.

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    OK that was last summer. What about the protests in balbriggan a couple of months ago? They were literally mobbing the guarda station.

This is complete rubbish.
    Link?

Absolutely way out of order but thats now what im referring to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Wombatman wrote: »

That's pure thuggery though? Are you suggesting that as a solution?

I was referring to the main BLM protest, not that bunch of scumbags but i suspect you know that

Which one do we classify as the main BLM protest? the one whic went into Blanchardstown shopping centre attacking people in the car park and damaging cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Puss Puss police couldnt bring him down even hitting him in the head with the batons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

bubblypop wrote: »
    This is complete rubbish.
    Link?

Did you not see the videos at the time? I can't be arsed going looking for a vid. It's common knowledge.

Which one do we classify as the main BLM protest? the one whic went into Blanchardstown shopping centre attacking people in the car park and damaging cars?

You know exactly what im referring to, the one last Summer, stop trying to be clever, you're failing miserably

You know exactly what im referring to, the one last Summer, stop trying to be clever, you're failing miserably

You are responding to two posters, I am asking which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

We just ignore it or deny it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

What time is the insurrection starting?

When the fireworks arrive...?

Joking of course. I hope there is no trouble. While respecting the right to cillvil protest, you protest about lack of hospitals or schools or high taxes, high crime etc, not about a virus or public health measures in place to stop its spread.

The best protest would be all those protesters to take a silent stand against the virus and unite with the rest of to eradicate it from our country by staying home today.

Covid Virus Out!! Covid Virus Out!!

Mine is clear, whats your? throwing abuse at the Gardai on St Patrick Day is suddenly going to stop the virus?

Not at all.

But people have a right to protest.

I don't condone antisocial behaviour. But business owners, and the general public, have a right to protest against inconsistent lockdown laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

The video of the police officer throwing the protester in front of the van was scary. No way should stuff like that be allowed to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Who cares if people pile into Glendalough its outdoors, and if people aren't idiots it's minimal risk.

Id take that risk over people dying without seeing grandkids etc for months or ever.

I never mentioned pubs, think they have been treated awfully, but not a risk that is needed now, esp indoors.

I understand we need restrictions, the current ones are too much, confusing and hurt more than they help

The main issue being IF people arent idiots..

As GerRoe stated in a post above look what happened last time.

Otherwise im in agreement with all you say. Its logical unlike some that will be protesting today with nothing other than 'Shamdemic'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

If it was a minority then the majority should stop them if they want a peaceful protest. The majority always wins.

Well that's just nonsense when it comes to these types of things.

• Advertisement

Did you not see the videos at the time? I can't be arsed going looking for a vid. It's common knowledge.

Nope. No videos of mobs attacking balbriggan garda station.
    Don't believe you

Advertisement