Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

St. Patrick's Day Protests

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

ebbsy wrote: »
    Are they dancing ?

Now this is truly original. Like the gawm on the high stool rolling out the same months old one liners every night, thinking he’s only fcucking gas.

We're praising the Dutch Police now are we, keep cheering them on just don't be surprised when you end up on the wrong side or History.....they cracked her skull, she deserved it though as she's doesn't believe what you do.

Her skull was cracked because she obviously didn't do what she was directed to do.

We're praising the Dutch Police now are we, keep cheering them on just don't be surprised when you end up on the wrong side or History.....they cracked her skull, she deserved it though as she's doesn't believe what you do.

Yeah, I’m praising them. I shouldn’t end up on the wrong side anyway, I’m not a useless, brain dead gimp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

They advocate for people taking responsibility for their own safety

If only it was that simple

They advocate for people taking responsibility for their own safety

How does this work?

Like, I stop at red lights because I’m a bed wetter and if I get hit by free thinker who runs one I’m at fault as I should’ve stayed at home?

Life is risky after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Don't agree with people gathering when not supposed to but as John McGurk said a blind eye was turned a few months ago when there was a BLM protest.

Mod: Quit it with the thread hijacks. Stick to the actual thread topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

The Gardai really need to invest in one of those

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Seems quiet in town. Loads of gardai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Life is risky after all.

Exactly right

• Registered Users Posts: 12,693 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Park was very quiet earlier.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I'd say the strategy of putting 2.5k gardai on the streets may have done the job it was intended to do and put a halt to the protest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,328 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Was there a timetable for the protests? Heard there was 7 happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

bubblypop wrote: »
    Her skull was cracked because she obviously didn't do what she was directed to do.

Let me guess you expect people to follow restrictions and wear a mask to protect you, judging by the comments from everyone where a girl had her skull cracked by police really says how much the pro lockdown high horse brigade care about other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Jesus it's like a totalitarian regime.

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/ireland/leinster/dublin/dublin-o-connell-street.html

As many Gardaí as people.

Was there a timetable for the protests? Heard there was 7 happening.

Another 2 cans and they should be about ready!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

sebdavis wrote: »
    Another 2 cans and they should be about ready!!

https://twitter.com/HenryMcKean/status/1372191519319408640

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

Yeah, I’m praising them. I shouldn’t end up on the wrong side anyway, I’m not a useless, brain dead gimp.

So you like to hurl abuse at people on here trying to converse about a serious matter and you advocate violence by governments against peaceful protesters.
    Happy St Patrick's day, Troll.

Let me guess you expect people to follow restrictions and wear a mask to protect you, judging by the comments from everyone where a girl had her skull cracked by police really says how much the pro lockdown high horse brigade care about other people.

No, I expect people to follow restrictions because that's what they should do.
    As for why she got her skull cracked, that was because she didn't do what the police directed her to do. That's what happens.
    She can't say she didn't see the huge water canon..........

eeepaulo wrote: »

It's funny how these video's NEVER manage to show the whole incident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Newstalk is "Fake news" and "Vipers".

• Advertisement

Jesus it's like a totalitarian regime.

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/ireland/leinster/dublin/dublin-o-connell-street.html

As many Gardaí as people.

What you think would have? Gardai send in 1-2 lads to get battered by a group?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

sebdavis wrote: »
    It's funny how these video's NEVER manage to show the whole incident

Slugging the cans?

Thousands have been hospitalised and hundreds died because of the spread of the virus, because idiots wouldn’t do the decent, responsible things asked of them. No sympathy for this one person, female or not. Play stupid games etc.

Hopefully the Ben Gilroy types get a good dose of the constitution today. But they most likely won’t as they’re scared witless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Are the news and media outlets at the protest not just as culpable?
    No social distancing from anyone in that video.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Hopefully the Ben Gilroy types get a good dose of the constitution today. But they most likely won’t as they’re scared witless.
    A lot of them are just run-of-the-mill coward-bullies - talking the talk on bitchute over a few cans of Dutch Gold.

But when a few well-built opposition show up, nah, they're gone and they'll leave the witless "free speach" rubes take the heat - no point in risking your head when there's another clown nearby who will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

dan1895 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind what that tw*t has to say.

Play the man rather than the ball , the leftist way

buzzerxx wrote: »
    So you like to hurl abuse at people on here trying to converse about a serious matter and you advocate violence by governments against peaceful protesters.
    Happy St Patrick's day, Troll.

Where have I hurled abuse at any poster on here?

If you could point out where I advocated for violence against peaceful protesters I’ll edit my post.

Lá le Pádraig sona Daoibh (that’s Gaelic btw, patriot).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,746 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s paddys day, so not out of the woods yet...things pass peacefully by about 8 pm it will be grand... only real danger would be if a few brave boyos get about 7 Dutch gold into them and discover their inner Zippy...and cause hassle..

Garda presence will be a deterrent alright...

Either way, the bill from this will be colossal... the same gobshîtes will be wondering why their parents are on xx month waiting lists in hospitals etc but costing the state a fücking 6 or 7 figure security bill for one day.. in the middle of a deadly pandemic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭dontmindme

bubblypop wrote: »

ah yes, that seems reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Bet you said that to granny and grandad.

The elderly are always prioritised over the young, I just disagree with that principal

Advertisement