Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patrick's Day Protests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,419 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I'd say the strategy of putting 2.5k gardai on the streets may have done the job it was intended to do and put a halt to the protest

Add in that that these protests are being organised in public groups that have been heavily infiltrated, the gardai can anticipate their every move with precision.

O is been lovely to see this being a failure so far. I do wish though that all grips world be policed evenly.
    Whether intentional or not, it appears that left leaning "right-on" protests get light touch policing, while anti lockdown get heavy handed policing.

Both kinds of protests are utterly unacceptable in the midst of a public health crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

gmisk wrote: »
    Those links.....are hilarious.

The first one...definitely a reliable resource...I get all my trusted news from...oxygenworldwide.......lol

The second one...come on...laughable and entirely unrelated to someone wearing a mask.

Think OP is taking the pee on this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭obi604

Is all generally quiet today with the protests etc?

Haven’t heard much about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,493 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

DeadHand wrote: »
    Not surprising to see the same police force that was notable in its absence/inaction in regard to the BLM marches, feminist demonstrations, the Clonee disturbances and various mass Traveller gatherings around the country reacting in compelling force to these planned anti-lockdown protests.

The law, as well as media outrage, is now applied selectively in this country on the basis of personal identity and/or perceived political association.

If our elite had integrity, either it would all be OK or none of it would be OK.

There is more then an element of truth to that, but unfortunately the political influence as regards policing is something that needs to be looked at... if I’m commissioner or inspector and I receive a call from any member of government, government official trying to influence me and the force to turn a blind eye to X law being broken, I’d start recording the phone call and send it to every news media outlet going... there is no legal obligation to advise a person that on receipt of their call, you are recording them...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

obi604 wrote: »

Yep so far it looks like it.
    Let's hope it stays that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭buried

Where is all the dastardly trouble ?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭briany

I think a lot of people looked at the day's offerings - legal protest, or illegal rave, and decided they didn't have the energy for both.

buried wrote: »
    Where is all the dastardly trouble ?

There has been fûck all trouble in terms of violence but there has been multiple issues with mass gatherings taking place.. Herbert Park there are several hundred people ..

No doubt left in an absolute state by the wasters too... it’s a beautiful park.

Strumms wrote: »
    There has been fûck all trouble in terms of violence but there has been multiple issues with mass gatherings taking place.. Herbert Park there are several hundred people ..

No doubt left in an absolute state by the wasters too... it’s a beautiful park.

Any footage there handy?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Eivor

obi604 wrote: »

They won’t report on them unless there’s trouble. God forbid the masses get to know it’s mostly normal people who are at the end of their tether.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/st-patricks-day-ireland-live-20192449

Gemma O’Doherty “hides” among protesters. Get a grip. I’m no fan of hers at all but she’s hardly hiding? Just existing there.

• Advertisement

Any footage there handy?
    Plenty on twitter, video if you scroll down.
    Crowd does not look big tbh
    [Url]

endainoz wrote: »
    That's hilarious!

It’s not other peoples IQ she needs to be worrying about. :eek:

• obi604 wrote: »

Lovely summers day in town. People keeping responsible. **** all gowls about and if they are certainly not visible.

Plenty on twitter
    Crowd does not look big tbh

I'm not on the twitter, throw us up some footage there please G

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

People even the anti-everythings made good decisions and stayed at home.
    Well done all.

I'm not on the twitter, throw us up some footage there please G
    I have, you don't have to be on twitter to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

There is more then an element of truth to that, but unfortunately the political influence as regards policing is something that needs to be looked at... if I’m commissioner or inspector and I receive a call from any member of government, government official trying to influence me and the force to turn a blind eye to X law being broken, I’d start recording the phone call and send it to every news media outlet going... there is no legal obligation to advise a person that on receipt of their call, you are recording them...

Do you really think that happens? And they woudlnt need to record a call, just leak it, would be plenty would love to run a story like that

People who arn't on the twitter really do want to make sure the world knows they don't have a twitter account.

Ironically, they can't tweet it though. It's the one fatal flaw in their scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Galwayhurl

Imagine how much less crime there would be if there was visible Garda presence on our streets everyday.

It wouldn't even need anywhere near the amount on patrol today.

Do you really think that happens? And they woudlnt need to record a call, just leak it, would be plenty would love to run a story like that

I said in my post ‘IF’.. it could happen.

If it was recorded, it would have more weight then ... X ‘said’. Evidence.

• Advertisement

ecoli3136 wrote: »
    People who arn't on the twitter really do want to make sure the world knows they aren't.

Ironically, they can't tweet it though.

lol I'm just stating a personal fact, I'm not on the thing, what about it? Or is that illegal now too?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

I have, you don't have to be on twitter to see it.

So nobody is around the town then at all from that footage?

lol I'm just stating a personal fact, I'm not on the thing, what about it? Or is that illegal now too?

I can confirm that it is not illegal :cool: Go mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I said in my post ‘IF’.. it could happen.

If it was recorded, it would have more weight then ... X ‘said’. Evidence.

So do you think this happens much?

And could you elaborate on this?
    but unfortunately the political influence as regards policing is something that needs to be looked at.

ecoli3136 wrote: »
    Go mad.

I'll let you handle that chief, you're the one so offended by the thought somebody ain't on the thing

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

16 arrests so far in Dublin according to RTE...
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/0316/1204449-patricks-day/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Are the news and media outlets at the protest not just as culpable?
    No social distancing from anyone in that video.
    It's like the time Dominic Cummings was in trouble for driving across England.
    They had about 15 or 20 cameramen literally in a scrum trying to get pictures and footage of him as he left his house one morning.
    Here was a man accused of breaking covid guidelines with a gang of reporters also breaking guidelines so they could get a short clip/photo of him for the news or paper so that the viewers and readers could get angry about Cummings breaking covid guidelines.
    The ironing was delicious.

eeepaulo wrote: »

Those journalists aren't obeying the 2m directive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

It's like the time Dominic Cummings was in trouble for driving across England.
    They had about 15 or 20 cameramen literally in a scrum trying to get pictures and footage of him as he left his house one morning.
    Here was a man accused of breaking covid guidelines with a gang of reporters also breaking guidelines so they could get a short clip/photo of him for the news or paper so that the viewers and readers could get angry about Cummings breaking covid guidelines.
    The ironing was delicious.

Yes, but dont forget Cummings was also an incredible cnut.

Advertisement