Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patrick's Day Protests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Yes, but dont forget Cummings was also an incredible cnut.

He may well have been...

If you think of journalists, all those people we see on tv, hear on radio and read online, as thick skulled idiots with egos we mightn't be so quick to believe what we consume...that incident was especially pertinent...the hysteria they generated about him breaking the restrictions was generated whilst breaking the restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

gozunda wrote: »
    And not a mask between them ... :rolleyes:

Not a fully functioning brain either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,651 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Some bunch of pond bottom feeders p photoed outside rte today.

Why are people so willing to advertise their ignorance and stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 25,493 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

So do you think this happens much?

And could you elaborate on this?

Much or otherwise is neither here nor there... laws that have been enacted need to be enforced 100% by the Gardaí... 100% of the time without exception...

The Nal wrote: »

Whatever about the adults present, you should not being your children to an event of this nature.

Nothing to do with the cause, it's more than potential for violence

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

This is totally normal

Opus Cray Cray

• Registered Users Posts: 24,194 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

sydthebeat wrote: »

That level of stupidity includes an absence of context and self-awareness.

Morons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Just from listening to some of the ppl at the protests on RTÉ now

They are not nazis or far right

Ordinary ppl protesting for their freedom and against lock downs

bottom feeders is an apt description..

Out to take as per usual instead of ready and willing to be part of a solution.. everyone of them would have been first in the Q to get their pandemic payment but the last in the Q to actually muck in as regards doing what they need to do during this deadly pandemic..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,345 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Because RTE sold there souls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    Imagine how much less crime there would be if there was visible Garda presence on our streets everyday.

It wouldn't even need anywhere near the amount on patrol today.

Imagine the first tax bill :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭TanookiMario

eeepaulo wrote: »

There comes a point where I think all you can do is laugh and shake your head.

One woman being arrested for breaking the rules while dozens gather round breaking the rules in full view of police and that's all good.

If they are all breaking the rules there then the only real reason to single her out is that she is criticizing the government basically.

Strange scenes.

So she's isolated, surrounded by cops and the cops are then surrounded by a crowd of reporters?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭buried

Yeah they'd be far better off worshiping Luke O'Neil and saying prayers to him and the new infallible religion of science

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Because RTE sold there souls.

Correction

RTE is the relatives of the people who sold their souls many years ago. Not sure what it makes the current generation?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Just heard that there too. A fairly mixed bag of views a few of whom I'd feel fairly sad for and some id have some sympathy with. A lot of folks out there need life to go back to normal.

There comes a point where I think all you can do is laugh and shake your head.

One woman being arrested for breaking the rules while dozens gather round breaking the rules in full view of police and that's all good.

If they are all breaking the rules there then the only real reason to single her out is that she is criticizing the government basically.

Strange scenes.

So she's isolated, surrounded by cops and the cops are then surrounded by a crowd of reporters?

Two Garda is what I seen, maybe wrong....about 30-40 journalists and photographers!!!

There behavior certainly is...They have freedom... by their logic and this logic I should be allowed go 200kmh in my car down the M50... by their logic I should not have to stop at red traffic light... i go through a red, hit a mother and child...I’ll argue... “ it’s my right, to have freedom of movement, go where I’m going, regardless of the health impact to society that is caused by my carelessness.....measures and rules, to keep people safe ? Not my problem..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,487 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

This is totally normal

Don't those old people realise that we know better than them and that they should be doing what they are told, it is for their own protection after all! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,345 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Some kind of cult of Middle Eastern origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Lovely summers day in town. People keeping responsible. **** all gowls about and if they are certainly not visible.

Summer? What happened to Spring? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I don’t think people should be gathering at this time but I found those images on the news of steel structures across roads deeply disturbing

Just heard that there too. A fairly mixed bag of views a few of whom I'd feel fairly sad for and some id have some sympathy with. A lot of folks out there need life to go back to normal.

Then they can muck in with the rest of us, behave, adhere to restrictions, be team players, be responsible human beings, be caring and NOT ‘all about me’ whingebags... that’s the pathway to leading a normal life... they can join the right pathway or paddle their own selfish canoe, and hopefully sink, it’s about all they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,194 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yeah and if they'd just stay the **** at home another few weeks until we get the spread of cases down, we'd all be better off. The lack of awareness of basic cause and effect is retarded. Did Christmas teach them nothing??

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Eivor

Strumms wrote: »
    There behavior certainly is...They have freedom... by their logic and this logic I should be allowed go 200kmh in my car down the M50... by their logic I should not have to stop at red traffic light... i go through a red, hit a mother and child...I’ll argue... “ it’s my right, to have freedom of movement, go where I’m going, regardless of the health impact to society that is caused by my carelessness.....measures and rules, to keep people safe ? Not my problem..

Yeah wanting to maybe eat outside a cafe or get your hair cut is the exact same as wanting to run over a mother and child. What a bizarre take.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I don’t think people should be gathering at this time but I found those images on the news of steel structures across roads deeply disturbing
    Why?
    I would say you are easily disturbed if that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    ive said it before , in years to come , we will regret not having just let the virus run through what it will , the price paid by the young to protect the old is far too high

Thank Christ you aren't running our country. :)

• Advertisement

Eivor wrote: »
    Yeah wanting to maybe eat outside a cafe or get your hair cut is the exact same as wanting to run over a mother and child. What a bizarre take.

Good lad, keep up the disingenuous hogwash, rather see through at this stage. ;)

Advertisement