Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patrick's Day Protests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭2011abc

Its clear from videos etc anyone setting up stall to protest near GPO would be arrested in seconds . And Id say many were turned back at checkpoints as with Cork last Saturday week .
    So dont be too smug ...

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    What was the madness of it? If you were outside your 5km or in a group of more than two households, maybe there is the madness?
    I was on my own and in my 5km

pjohnson wrote: »
    Yep. You think after the first warning the second time caught would lead to a fine.

I was at a bus stop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭buried

Yet according to some on here, the country is seething with discontent and ready to take to the streets in their thousands. Shown up for the complete bull**** it is

It's not bull$hit, fact of the matter remains that the vast majority of people can't protest en masse due to the 5km travel limit. I would have been there today myself if I could get to it but I can't. Just like since last Christmas I can't go work outside 5km because I am in construction, yet I am self employed, work on my own, work outside, have contact with nobody else yet I can't make my ESSENTIAL living. And there are plenty like me. But no mind, next election people like me will make our protest about it and send FF and FG straight into the ground for a generation.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    You mean the GARDAÍ.

So it's OK to organise a protest and openly taunt and threaten the Gardaí,
    as happened the last time protests were held, but it's not OK when the Gardaí step up to prevent braches of the peace or general thuggery this time out.

To use your own word, its madness that those intent on breaching health guidelines complain that they are challenged for doing so.

It's not illegal to be within 5km of your house and it certainly isn't illegal to protest. For clarity, I was not protesting, but I was in the general vicinity of where a protest was happening, yet I was treated like a criminal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Because I was within my 5km

You don't have a 5km, that applies to exercise only.

You don't have a 5km, that applies to exercise only.

I was on an essential journey. If I had done a jumping Jack would I have been exempt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Do you not see increasing resentment towards the government, the restrictions and the vaccine rollout?

Not really tbh, frustration yes but anyway nothing on the scale that is suggested by some of the posts on here

buried wrote: »
    It's not bull$hit, fact of the matter remains that the vast majority of people can't protest en masse due to the 5km travel limit. I would have been there today myself if I could get to it but I can't. Just like since last Christmas I can't go work outside 5km because I am in construction, yet I am self employed, work on my own, work outside, have contact with nobody else yet I can't make my ESSENTIAL living. And there are plenty like me. But no mind, next election people like me will make our protest about it and send FF and FG straight into the ground for a generation.

I know a good few lads in construction and they are all working, nothing to stop you either. And if enough people really felt strongly enough about this issue the 5k etc wouldnt bother them, reality is that they dont. As for FF and Fg at next election you're deluded, have a look at the polls and even so what would replace them? All the opposition ;largely support the govt on this

I know a good few lads in construction and they are all working, nothing to stop you either. And if enough people really felt strongly enough about this issue the 5k etc wouldnt bother them, reality is that they dont. As for FF and Fg at next election you're deluded, have a look at the polls and even so what would replace them?

#learntocode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Timmy O Toole

Beatings will continue until moral improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Well yes.

I apparently wasn't allowed to stand on O'Connell Street, on my own because I was congregating.

I was standing at a bus stop after being at the chemist.

did you get the bus to or from that chemist?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

As for FF and Fg at next election you're deluded, have a look at the polls and even so what would replace them? All the opposition ;largely support the govt on this

Thats the scary thing, the opposition will probably try to enforce a tougher/longer lockdown , have to be carefull what we wish for.

I know a good few lads in construction and they are all working, nothing to stop you either. And if enough people really felt strongly enough about this issue the 5k etc wouldnt bother them, reality is that they dont. As for FF and Fg at next election you're deluded, have a look at the polls and even so what would replace them?

There's plenty to stop me actually bhoy, especially the perpetual checkpoint down the road from me that turned me back last January and is still sitting there every morning. Fair play to the lads that you know that can do what they want. I wouldn't begrudge them it.
    As for your theory that FF and FG will sail the next election, they got hammered in the last one, nobody wanted them, the only saving grace for them was that SF didn't run enough candidates. Wont happen the next time. Wont happen the next 20 times either. Be in no f**king doubt despite what the likes of RTE tells you, there are plenty like me. And we'll get our day yet.

did you get the bus to or from that chemist?

I walked to it and was getting a bus back from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I walked to it and was getting a bus back from it.

so you used the bus?

so you used the bus?

Yes

There's plenty to stop me actually bhoy, especially the perpetual checkpoint down the road from me that turned me back last January and is still sitting there every morning. Fair play to the lads that you know that can do what they want. I wouldn't begrudge them it.
    As for your theory that FF and FG will sail the next election, they got hammered in the last one, nobody wanted them, the only saving grace for them was that SF didn't run enough candidates. Wont happen the next time. Wont happen the next 20 times either. Be in no f**king doubt despite what the likes of RTE tells you, there are plenty like me. And we'll get our day yet.

tiocfaidh ár lá!

Definatly the cream of Irish society this lot :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/soundmigration/status/1372255859254890505

• Registered Users Posts: 9,317 ✭✭✭pgj2015

it seems to be all all rough people protesting if you know what I mean. not a job between them id say. all they do is take from the government yet you would think they lived in north korea the way the go on. absolute morons.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/more-than-a-dozen-arrested-at-anti-lockdown-protests-in-dublin-1.4512885

• Advertisement

Horrible abuse and no well meaning person would condone it.

Where did he buy that walk, hes going to turn into stone any minute

Here we go again, they were not hammered, nobody wanted them only but yet about twice the number of seats SF got and even if SF maximized their seat total they were still way off the numbers needed to form a govt and anyway so what, you get your day and then what? SF largely agree with the Govt line and dont ****ing patronise me. I dont need to listen to RTE to see how the political wind is blowing, you lot are all the same, blame RTE brainwashing for anyone having a contrary opinion to yours. And btw i lost my Irish channels about 4 years ago and never bothered getting them back.

bUt ThEy'Re JuSt OrDiNaRy PeOplE aTtEnDing.....

Ews7PigWEAE5psT?format=jpg&name=small

I'm completely against most restrictions at this, fully in favour of guidelines, but that guy is the reason I wouldn't protest. What a waankerr

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I'm completely against most restrictions at this, fully in favour of guidelines, but that guy is the reason I wouldn't protest. What a waankerr

Pretty much feel the same

. Enjoy the cans at home instead.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,482 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Middle class Dubs were protesting in wicklow, by protesting I mean walking, cycling, sightseeing. :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

bUt ThEy'Re JuSt OrDiNaRy PeOplE aTtEnDing.....

Ews7PigWEAE5psT?format=jpg&name=small

Do you clutch your purse as hard when The Communist Party of Ireland show up at protests waving their Soviet Union flags?

Course ye don't :D

• Advertisement

Here we go again, they were not hammered, nobody wanted them only but yet about twice the number of seats SF got and even if SF maximized their seat total they were still way off the numbers needed to form a govt and anyway so what, you get your day and then what? SF largely agree with the Govt line and dont ****ing patronise me. I dont need to listen to RTE to see how the political wind is blowing, you lot are all the same, blame RTE brainwashing for anyone having a contrary opinion to yours. And btw i lost my Irish channels about 4 years ago and never bothered getting them back.

Hold up gasun, where did I do that?

You lost your Irish channels 4 years ago? So what? I lost my job near 4 months ago due to ridiculous restrictions that in no way apply to me. Try f**king dealing with that for two seconds before you try to claim no normal person is upset about these ridiculous mandatory restrictions.

Advertisement