Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patrick's Day Protests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Bambi wrote: »
    Do you clutch your purse as hard when The Communist Party of Ireland show up at protests waving their Soviet Union flags?

Course ye don't :D

I don't think anyone claims the Communist Party represent the feelings of the ordinary person though, which has been the defence of these protests.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    it seems to be all all rough people protesting if you know what I mean. not a job between them id say. all they do is take from the government yet you would think they lived in north korea the way the go on. absolute morons.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/more-than-a-dozen-arrested-at-anti-lockdown-protests-in-dublin-1.4512885

I don't want to put words in your mouth so I will ask you directly:

do you think the majority of people protesting are scumbags on the dole?

or do you think that the majority of people that are shown to you in the news, are scumbags on the dole?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Because RTE sold there souls.

That’s neither hear nor their.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,317 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I don't want to put words in your mouth so I will ask you directly:

do you think the majority of people protesting are scumbags on the dole?

or do you think that the majority of people that are shown to you in the news, are scumbags on the dole?

I think the majority of people protesting are scumbags on the dole, uneducated people who always blame the government for everything.

I don't think anyone claims the Communist Party represent the feelings of the ordinary person though, which has been the defence of these protests.

Why should you need to defend a protest?

You either agree they are legal or they aren't. If you don't think they are legal, what are the parameters?

• Advertisement

I think the majority of people protesting are scumbags on the dole, uneducated people who always blame the government for everything.

Ok. I disagree but respect your opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 23,752 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

bUt ThEy'Re JuSt OrDiNaRy PeOplE aTtEnDing.....

Ews7PigWEAE5psT?format=jpg&name=small

it seems to be all all rough people protesting if you know what I mean. not a job between them id say. all they do is take from the government yet you would think they lived in north korea the way the go on. absolute morons.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/more-than-a-dozen-arrested-at-anti-lockdown-protests-in-dublin-1.4512885

I thought they were all respectable businessmen having a family day out?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

buried wrote: »
    As for your theory that FF and FG will sail the next election, they got hammered in the last one, nobody wanted them, the only saving grace for them was that SF didn't run enough candidates. Wont happen the next time. Wont happen the next 20 times either. Be in no f**king doubt despite what the likes of RTE tells you, there are plenty like me. And we'll get our day yet.

SF had no intention of going into power in the last election - it's why they ran so few candidates. If there was a GE in the morning, they still wouldn't want to be in power.

SF support the majority of actions that the current government are implementing. Despite being in the middle of a pandemic - they haven't published their living with covid guide for some strange reason? They never have any problem issuing an alternative budget, so why not share their alternative plan?

What would SF be doing so differently if they were in power now?

Finally - how would you feel in SF go into power in the next GE with FF or FG - would you be ok with that - or would that be even worse for SF?

pjohnson wrote: »
    I thought they were all respectable businessmen having a family day out?

I think some are scientists as well, just taking the day off today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Why should you need to defend a protest?

You either agree they are legal or they aren't. If you don't think they are legal, what are the parameters?

The issue is that people have claimed that these protests are a manifestation of widespread public anger against lockdowns and have popular support.

Most people recognise though that the protests are actually just the latest manifestation of the fringe anti-everything brigade who hate immigrants, vaccinations, secularism, laws, the government etc. with numbers bulked up by those who just seek to cause trouble. Leaflets being distributed for a small far right political party certainly support this conclusion as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jams100

bUt ThEy'Re JuSt OrDiNaRy PeOplE aTtEnDing.....

Ews7PigWEAE5psT?format=jpg&name=small

They are right about the vulture funds, government stood idely by whilst state owned assets were sold in fire sales at dirt cheap prices. Everything else on that leaflet is bs.

Why do we label everyone who attends a protest as a far right extremist looney? I'm not really talking about today's but last week's where alot of people were genuinely frustrated about their business being closed, economy being f**ked etc.

The issue is that people have claimed that these protests are a manifestation of widespread public anger against lockdowns and have popular support.

Most people recognise though that the protests are actually just the latest manifestation of the fringe anti-everything brigade who hate immigrants, vaccinations, secularism, laws, the government etc. with numbers bulked up by those who just seek to cause trouble. Leaflets being distributed for a small far right political party certainly support this conclusion as well.

At least normal people outnumber these kind of knuckle draggers. imagine if they were in the majority, scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I wonder if Rocket Man was there too? Very quiet if he was.

At least normal people outnumber these kind of knuckle draggers. imagine if they were in the majority, scary.

Normal people. Expand. What is normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Blud

I just watched that video at the top of that article, and I've completely lost my disdain for the protestors - I'm almost sympathising with them. Slightly lost for words.

I mean, objectively stupid people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Plenty of f*cking Space Cadets anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Most people recognise though that the protests are actually just the latest manifestation of the a fringe anti-everything brigade who hate immigrants, vaccinations, secularism, laws, the government etc. with numbers bulked up by those who just seek to cause trouble. Leaflets being distributed for a fringe far right political party certainly support this conclusion as well.

you need to delete your twitter account. you are brainwashed beyond belief. these protests are about holding the government to account..highlighting the inconpetence of the minister for health and those who are failing to obtain Vaccines for us the citizens...its about opening up the country,opening up business and keeping peoples livleyhoods alive into the future. paying mortages,debts, buying food...essential eveyday living. you have been brainwashed by hastags and the governments rte propaganda..time to wake up and hold your government accountable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Were
    there
    riots/protest marches?

Beautiful day on the beach - missed it all.

I didd see large groups of male itinerants breaking the lockdown

And about 200 teenagers staggering past the local garda station with slabs of beer and weighed down with btls of vodka and premixed cocktails.

Not a garda eyelash was fluttered.

Riot updates elsewhere? Tkx.

Blud wrote: »
    I just watched that video at the top of that article, and I've completely lost my disdain for the protestors - I'm almost sympathising with them. Slightly lost for words.

I was thinking the same to be honest. yer one who was saying she doesnt believe the numbers the government are putting out. I would love to see her proof that they are incorrect but of course she doesnt have any. she doesnt believe the numbers because she doesnt want to believe them, these people have their heads in the sand and are more like spoilt kids than grown adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Nozebleed wrote: »
    you need to delete your twitter account. you are brainwashed beyond belief. these protests are about holding the government to account..highlighting the inconpetence of the minister for health and those who are failing to obtain Vaccines for us the citizens...its about opening up the country,opening up business and keeping peoples livleyhoods alive into the future. paying mortages,debts, buying food...essential eveyday living. you have been brainwashed by hastags and the governments rte propaganda..time to wake up and hold your government accountable.
    So that's why the main event in herbert park was seemingly organized by the national party, with one of the main speakers being Dolores Cahill who is about as anti vax as they come......lol

Protests like this are doing nothing but helping to prolong the lockdown, can you not see that?

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    Protests like this are doing nothing but helping to prolong the lockdown.

Protests in general are doing nothing but helping to prolong the lockdown.

Do you condemn them all?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Protests in general are doing nothing but helping to prolong the lockdown.

Do you condemn them all?
    I do yup. Do you? Including today?

Normal people. Expand. What is normal?

People that don't believe all conspiracy theories. people who have the cop on to know the restrictions are not really wanted but are needed because of the pandemic.

People that don't believe all conspiracy theories. people who have the cop on to know the restrictions are not really wanted but are needed because of the pandemic.

Fair point.

I assume you vehemently opposed the protest yesterday too?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I just watched it too, I am lost for words.

It would almost make you believe in a conspiracy theory of LSD or something in the water supply. How can there be so many people that believe that stuff? #

We have one of the best education systems in the world and some of those people came through it. I can excuse the 86-year-old maybe, but the rest of them, god help us.

Fair point.

I assume you vehemently opposed the protest yesterday too?

Yes.

Yes.

Fair dues so chief. I'm in complete agreement. Sorry if I came across as confrontational

blanch152 wrote: »
    I just watched it too, I am lost for words.

It would almost make you believe in a conspiracy theory of LSD or something in the water supply. How can there be so many people that believe that stuff? #

We have one of the best education systems in the world and some of those people came through it. I can excuse the 86-year-old maybe, but the rest of them, god help us.

I think being into conspiracy theories is like a new hobby or something for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Natural selection in action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭buried

hmm im not sure you have thought this through

Lets see what happens, you lost your tv channels four years ago, I shockingly lost my job four months ago. Lets see what the establishment will soon loose that they never thought was possible.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Advertisement