Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patrick's Day Protests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I think being into conspiracy theories is like a new hobby or something for some people.
    John oliver did a really good show about them
    https://youtu.be/0b_eHBZLM6U

I think it's just a lot of people with too much time on their hands. Its pretty sad tbh. Social media like facebook etc really does not help at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Ninthlife wrote: »
    And on what grounds would these high ranked civil servants be turfed out on?

Presumably by the same train of 'logic' persued by shinners and their supporters regarding how they foresee protestants/unionists in a united Ireland "going home to where they came from", you ever push them on what exactly that entails, you get met with silence.

I think being into conspiracy theories is like a new hobby or something for some people.

You literally couldn't script some of this nonsense, it'd be binned as being too absurd....

https://twitter.com/paulodonoghue93/status/1372203422703890440

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LameBeaver

Yet according to some on here, the country is seething with discontent and ready to take to the streets in their thousands. Shown up for the complete bull**** it is

As is always the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,317 ✭✭✭pgj2015

You literally couldn't script some of this nonsense, it'd be binned as being too absurd....

https://twitter.com/paulodonoghue93/status/1372203422703890440

:pac: they would have been all put into mental asylums years ago.

• Advertisement

Or signed up for the priesthood....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Congrats to all who turned out today

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

trixiebust wrote: »

No bother,

Decco and Anto.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Allinall

What did they win?

Allinall wrote: »
    What did they win?
    Darwin awards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭briany

Allinall wrote: »
    What did they win?

A dose of Covid, probably.

The thing I find with people into conspiracy theories is they believe every one they hear. for an experiment, make one up now, something completely crazy like Jim Corr is really Jesus coming back from the dead to save us and Michael martin is the anti crist who wants to kill half the population with the vaccine with the help of Leo Varadkar who is really an alien. guaranteed all the people into conspiracy theories will believe it.

Exactly, they actually managed to get out of bed without killing themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Cdemess

Ming did the same 20 years ago and look where he is now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LameBeaver

All 100 or less of them?

The thing I find with people into conspiracy theories is they believe every one they hear. for an experiment, make one up now, something completely crazy like Jim Corr is really Jesus coming back from the dead to save us and Michael martin is the anti crist who wants to kill half the population with the vaccine with the help of Leo Varadkar who is really an alien. guaranteed all the people into conspiracy theories will believe it.

Needs more lizard people. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

gmisk wrote: »
    I don't think you understand how the civil service works....a new government can't just come in and ditch high ranking civil servants willy nilly...think of the legal cases for a start.

a gentle knee capping perhaps ? just to encourage them into the party way of thinking ??

No bother,

Decco and Anto.

See this boils my piss.

I was in town, at a bus stop, during the "protest" and saw and experienced heavy handed policing by the guards.

Yes there were scumbags there, but no more than a usual prepandemic Saturday afternoon. There were a lot of legitimate and non scumbag protesters too who were threatened with arrest and fines.

Any time a guard approached someone, they were followed by a swarm of journalists taking pictures. Of course people would retreat from this scenario because of the negative connotations falsely thrown on people who dare protest against inconsistent lockdown restrictions.

As I said, I was threatened with arrest and my details were taken twice within a twenty minute period for having the audacity to be on O'Connell Street.

That's absolutely mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭buried

Huh, what skills are these? Why do you seemingly need SF in power for you to put them to use?

The sort of skills you clearly don't have, content with sitting on your arse all day at home getting paid for the privilege of cheerleading the new order

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Cdemess wrote: »
    Ming did the same 20 years ago and look where he is now lol
    Ming was protesting what 20 years ago?
    The only thing I can really remember is he was for legalizing cannabis.

So who do you think we are going to see as an MEP in 20 years? Dee wall? Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

See this boils my piss.

I was in town, at a bus stop, during the "protest" and saw and experienced heavy handed policing by the guards.

Yes there were scumbags there, but no more than a usual prepandemic Saturday afternoon. There were a lot of legitimate and non scumbag protesters too who were threatened with arrest and fines.

Any time a guard approached someone, they were followed by a swarm of journalists taking pictures. Of course people would retreat from this scenario because of the negative connotations falsely thrown on people who dare protest against inconsistent lockdown restrictions.

As I said, I was threatened with arrest and my details were taken twice within a twenty minute period for having the audacity to be on O'Connell Street.

That's absolutely mad.
    I’d have gone to the chemists yesterday or left it until tomorrow because I’d have known there were protests planned and it was going to be sealed off.
    No need to be there today unless you wanted to be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭BensMixed

No surprise to see the national party scum there. Great to see how the gardai handled it. They thought they were going to bring dublin city centre to a standstill but instead very few showed up and the guards had nothing to worry about. It's good to see the guards taking this a bit more seriously. Throw the lowlifes into the vans and get them up in court for breaching restrictions. It looks like an all round solid job by the guards.

buried wrote: »
    The sort of skills you clearly don't have, content with sitting on your arse all day at home getting paid for the privilege cheerleading the new order
    A very particular set of skills? Like liam Neeson?Come on do share.

I do like new order in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭eggy81

Exactly, they actually managed to get out of bed without killing themselves.

Ha ha. Good one😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭eggy81

BensMixed wrote: »
    No surprise to see the national party scum there. Great to see how the gardai handled it. They thought they were going to bring dublin city centre to a standstill but instead very few showed up and the guards had nothing to worry about. It's good to see the guards taking this a bit more seriously. Throw the lowlifes into the vans and get them up in court for breaching restrictions. It looks like an all round solid job by the guards.
    Is it not already at a standstill?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭buried

A very particular set of skills? Like liam Neeson?Come on do share.

I do like new order in fairness.

Good. You won't be adverse to the litany of Blue Mondays coming up for the next 100 years so willya

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

I’d have gone to the chemists yesterday or left it until tomorrow because I’d have known there were protests planned and it was going to be sealed off.

Then why allow the chemist to be open if according to you, nobody should have been in there?

Unfortunately I wasn't in the position to pick and choose. It was a bit of an emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

See this boils my piss.

That's absolutely mad.

Today is Wednesday

• Advertisement

Vestiapx wrote: »
    Today is Wednesday

It sure is. So what?

Advertisement