Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patrick's Day Protests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

lol im not even from lenister , never mind Dublin

typical letrim Fcuk every one else :pac::pac:

And I'm not from Leitrim either,

But when it comes to protecting people from covid I think the laws should be applied equally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

mgn wrote: »
    And I'm not from Leitrim either,

But when it comes to protecting people from covid I think the laws should be applied equally.

is there an equal amount of people in Leitrim and Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

is there an equal amount of people in Leitrim and Dublin ?

Do you even know what is being discussed here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Ninthlife wrote: »
    7 days a week? Same time every day? I've not heard of anything that consistent

On topic: happy there was no trouble similar to what happened on Grafton St

The whole city centre is shut down boarded up and a ghost town.

No trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Are they still protesting outside rte? Might join them, that interview with Mario rosenstock on the LLS is too much.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

mgn wrote: »
    Do you even know what is being discussed here.

yes , yes I do

• Registered Users Posts: 18,834 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

"Gardaí say multiple protest events are being planned on social media by disparate groups in different locations, including at the GPO and RTE, which they say will require a significant waste of public resources."

Even the tiniest murmur of unrest among the protestors will have the authoritarian shills salivating with glee, triggering smug remarks like "I hope the Gardaí crack some skulls". A handful of miscreants should take nothing away from the fact that the vast majority are expressing their right to register their displeasure with undemocratic lockdowns in peaceful fashion. Good luck to those standing up for their civil liberties tomorrow, people have been downtrodden long enough.

From reading this and looking at the username all I imagined is a 'student type' wearing a horse's head mask with their hands in the air.

'Downtrodden' indeed! Laughable stuff.

You would swear that Ireland is being governed by an unelected totalitarian regime, the way the post above is written.

It is laced with dangerous hyperbole and buzz words. Undemocratic is another buzzword that made me laugh. The government has been elected to make decisions to protect public health. Like many other democratically elected governments world wide which are faced with the same covid19 situations.

It is a waste of public resources, unfortunately many of our population are not blessed with much cop on. Which is why situations like this occur. There is always a certain cohort who scream 'civil liberties' when it is agenda led and in reality are looking for attention and want to created a racket. To make themselves feel important and justify their own existence to some 'cause'. The miscreants you speak of then latch on to a buzz for the craic.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,834 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Morons seem to be very easily lead by conspiracy theories on the Internet. Cases are exploding again all over Europe, and it's extremely stupid of people in Ireland to think we can now ease up on restrictions.

I think many of these protestors are likely anti vaccine as well. It should be a perfect opportunity to NOT vaccinate them. And let nature take its course. A sort of evolution and survival of the fittest. Ireland as a country would improve as a result.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

On a serious note...best of luck....7 attempts here and now have a daughter....the most wonderful people there

Cheer buddy, I appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone know where all the sick who would usually be in hospital are and all the people who used to be on trollies?
    Were these mysteriously cured in the pandemic or did they need to be there at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Anyone know where all the sick who would usually be in hospital are and all the people who used to be on trollies?
    Were these mysteriously cured in the pandemic or did they need to be there at all?

Still people on trollies.
    But in places that there aren't, they'll have cancelled elective surgery so those beds are now free to be used. It's done every winter.

There's no conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Rodin wrote: »
    Still people on trollies.
    But in places that there aren't, they'll have cancelled elective surgery so those beds are now free to be used. It's done every winter.

There's no conspiracy.

I spent a night in the Lourdes Hospital a year ago, about a month into the pandemic, and I was the only person on the entire floor. It was eerie. Several nurses called into the ward just for a chat it was that quiet.

I spent a night in the Lourdes Hospital a year ago, about a month into the pandemic, and I was the only person on the entire floor. It was eerie. Several nurses called into the ward just for a chat it was that quiet.

We hadn't the numbers in hospital or ICU at that point. The hospitals had been cleared as we had seen the images of army trucks laden with bodies coming out of Italy.
    The post-Christmas 3rd wave was very different to the 1st wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

This will remain a mystery for many years to come, along with the almost complete disappearance of the flu. Remember some months back academics like Luke O'Neill warned us that all hospitals were virtually guaranteed to be overwhelmed when the Winter flu would arrive in conjunction with Covid.
    Some scribes here will try to spout 'logical' explanations for this but in truth they are mainly similar to O'Neill and his ilk, making it up as they go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

We hadn't the numbers in hospital or ICU at that point. The hospitals had been cleared as we had seen the images of army trucks laden with bodies coming out of Italy.

Remember the 'images' of people dropping dead on the streets in China with/from Covid. Any idea how that one ended.? Maybe our NPHET academics can explain. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭dontmindme

washman3 wrote: »
    This will remain a mystery for many years to come, along with the almost complete disappearance of the flu. Remember some months back academics like Luke O'Neill warned us that all hospitals were virtually guaranteed to be overwhelmed when the Winter flu would arrive in conjunction with Covid.
    Some scribes here will try to spout 'logical' explanations for this but in truth they are mainly similar to O'Neill and his ilk, making it up as they go along.

lol...best watch out for that logic

It aint rocket science. With everyone staying apart so as not to contract the Covid...guess what else they managed not to contract.

EDIT: Think we're in the wrong thread

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Well with everyone washing their hands and social distancing there is a lot less viruses and bugs going around and I have heard of a single person having the flu.

And with most sports clubs very in active there are few sports related injuries, fewer car accidents due to less travel and nights out and of course the general population aren’t up to much either.

And all non essential stuff put off.

There’s a lot to be said for clean living, boring but none the less...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭greasepalm

And by now protests should be over and the ravers heading to bed good night all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

The pre publicity that this response was happening likely deterred many from even getting out of bed today no less heading in to a protest

In a sense by making statements repeately warning that the guards would be out in force it discouraged the hanger'ons from coming out leaving only a small amount of scrotestor idiots for the guards to deal with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Hospitals are "overwhelmed" every January due to flu and people's immune systems generally being at their weakest point at that time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Random Account

I’m not sure I can hack another lockdown or another big extension on this current lockdown. Did nothing for Paddy’s day but walk the dog and have a few beers, annoying to see some protesting today but can’t just turn a blind eye on the lads in each other’s houses all over the place watching Cheltenham.

Remember the 'images' of people dropping dead on the streets in China with/from Covid. Any idea how that one ended.? Maybe our NPHET academics can explain. ;)

It ended with a totalitarian regime locking people up 24/7.
    They know how to do a lockdown in China.
    Anyone who thinks Covid is a hoax is just so woefully informed but then when you're sitting on your arse at home while others go to battle it's easy to go a little doo-lally.

The proliferation of armchair medics, virologists and public health experts this past year has been astounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

So just the usual Paypal patriot scumbags arrested yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The Nal wrote: »
    So just the usual Paypal patriot scumbags arrested yesterday.

21 people - 17 male, 4 female arrested .

Trying to find anywhere naming them but id suspect its the usual breakdown of

Half unemployed yobs looking to swill cans and fight gardai
    Quarter politically active nationalists under the NP/IFP/SF banner
    Quarter conspiracy loons who believe anything they read online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I don't think I've ever seen another thread where the term "scumbag" is being used so often to describe political opponents. The term likely get used less on threads about ISIS or pedophiles, groups far more deserving of the label.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

TomTomTim wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever seen another thread where the term "scumbag" is being used so often to describe political opponents. The term likely get used less on threads about ISIS or pedophiles, groups far more deserving of the label.

Gotta say, i'm loving this new debate style

"I can't believe lefties are using terms like scumbag, idiot or buffoon. That makes them just as bad as those aiming fireworks in the eyes of Guards and, dare I say it, the Nazis themselves"

Political opponents? This isn't a televised debate between two front-runners in a general election.

Some people are just scumbags pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bocaman

As usual the protestors have nothing to offer. They're nothing but a bunch of traitors and hateriots, we're in the middle of a national emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Very successful flu vaccine roll out, alongside all the other covid precautions, means there was little or no flu about. There's no conspiracy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

bocaman wrote: »
    As usual the protestors have nothing to offer. They're nothing but a bunch of traitors and hateriots, we're in the middle of a national emergency.

Is that your position on ALL protests in the middle of a national emergency ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Blud wrote: »
    I just watched that video at the top of that article, and I've completely lost my disdain for the protestors - I'm almost sympathising with them. Slightly lost for words.

I mean, objectively stupid people.

Words fail me, the really do.

Advertisement