Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patrick's Day Protests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

"Gardaí say multiple protest events are being planned on social media by disparate groups in different locations, including at the GPO and RTE, which they say will require a significant waste of public resources."

Even the tiniest murmur of unrest among the protestors will have the authoritarian shills salivating with glee, triggering smug remarks like "I hope the Gardaí crack some skulls". A handful of miscreants should take nothing away from the fact that the vast majority are expressing their right to register their displeasure with undemocratic lockdowns in peaceful fashion. Good luck to those standing up for their civil liberties tomorrow, people have been downtrodden long enough.

They have fûck all right to behave in a manner that will be conducive to the spread of covid.

They need to but of course won’t think of the likes of hospital staff, their families, the emergency services, families... it’s all about their wants and whims... never been team players, won’t ever be... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

Remember the hedge schools? It'll be like that when I'm skulking about in hedgepubs tomorrow with me pint disguised as a frappmochachino.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

rusty cole wrote: »
    society is full of it, look at Leo today...but but but whatbout them..who?? the shinners... give over, you need to play that card on your last throw not now.

Unless Leo is is going out to protest the Coronavirus restrictions with a bag of cans under his arms tomorrow it’s not relevant to this discussion and I’m not interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Nermal wrote: »
    People evaluate the 'greater good' differently.

Indeed. There seems to be enormous confusion in this country between "this makes me feel good" and the greater good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

We're not that old!

I hope all the crazies are on display tomorrow - RTE paedo conspiracy crowd especially. Karens to a woman.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Considering it's coming up a lot this is what the protest today looked like

ROSA-Social-Feminist-Movement-Protest-3.jpg

Masks, distancing, small crowd, there's no comparison there to what we saw in Dublin a few weeks ago and might see tomorrow

It is whataboutism. You can’t debate the topic so you’re trying to invent a scenario where I’m some sort of hypocrite in order to discredit me and I won’t participate.

I have debated the topic, I am against protests during covid. This one included. My position is clear and if questioned, I will answer to clarify.

I have simply asked if you are against other protests too or is it just this one.

I haven't invented any scenario. There is a protest on today and one tomorrow which this thread is about. I didn't invent either and am opposed to both. I have asked you to clarify your position on both so I know if we are in agreement or whether you aren't actually opposed to gatherings, but the reasons for them.

It's not a gotcha unless you are coming at this argument in a bat faith position.

Masks, distancing, small crowd, there's no comparison there to what we saw in Dublin a few weeks ago and might see tomorrow

That looks well organised. Fair play.

Unless Leo is is going out to protest the Coronavirus restrictions with a bag of cans under his arms tomorrow it’s not relevant to this discussion and I’m not interested.

should he keep them for the nearest indoor swing then?

Keep throwing the bag of cans scenario all you like, you're out of content now and you've been shown up. you'll be at home then with a tumbler of armagnac reading malthusian economics, turning your tipped nose at the dullards.

They're not meant to be out there right now and their protest will do nothing but perhaps make themselves feel good. It can wait a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭MOR316

I hope all the crazies are on display tomorrow - RTE paedo conspiracy crowd especially. .

Not that crazy if certain allegations that were made as of late, about a former employee, are true...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

MOR316 wrote: »
    Not that crazy if certain allegations that were made as of late, about a former employee, are true...

That the top brass of RTE are lizards that feast on children?

Fuck off trying to muddy that shite into anything

They're not meant to be out there right now and their protest will do nothing but perhaps make themselves feel good. It can wait a few months.

I agree

He may have some left over from that indoor party he attended last year...

That's not what the post I was replying to said.

Please don't use bad language like that towards me. It's embarrassing

some top brass where over in the UK and getting filmed by the same right wingers, whilst meeting under aged girls..that top brass???
    Or the TOP Brass that cannot read a 2mtrs apart sign, even whilst standing on it??

it's muddy cos it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

This is pure selective framing. I've said it already, but if you Google image search the event you'll see many photos showing the opposite. You had to look it up, and ignore all the counter evidence, and carefully select a photo that supports your view.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Keep throwing the bag of cans scenario all you like, you're out of content now and you've been shown up. you'll be at home then with a tumbler of armagnac reading malthusian economics, turning your tipped nose at the dullards.

I will throw the bag of cans comment into this thread. Over and over and over and over again.

The majority of the hooligans at this protest tomorrow will be nothing more than drunken yobs looking to throw shapes and nobody has said anything to convince me otherwise.

People can ”wharrabout,” pretend to be concerned about their “sibbel libberdies” and act like they’re being scoffed at by the upper classes all they like but they’re the ones putting the rest of us in danger after a full year of the rest of us putting the effort in.

some top brass where over in the UK and getting filmed by the same right wingers, whilst meeting under aged girls..that top brass???
    Or the TOP Brass that cannot read a 2mtrs apart sign, even whilst standing on it??

That cameraman that was a disgusting paedophile?

Still, not a lizard, not sacrificing children in the basement of the NCH though.

Nermal wrote: »
    People evaluate the 'greater good' differently.

Also, talking about the 'greater good' doesn't make you altruistic, it just makes you sound like those creepy villagers from Hot Fuzz.

It's not about being altruistic. Like almost everyone else if they were honest, I couldn't give a hoot about most other people. What I do want is for this to end, which it won't as long as people put themselves first over their community.

• Advertisement

Just going to have to come back on this again :pac: -

This is your logic:

Not social distancing = paedophile

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

There's a protest today isnt there.

Yeah but Ruth Coppinger said thats an essential protest.

The Punter wrote: »
    Is that you Mrs Thatcher?

I hope you enjoy licking the boots of the UDA & EDL men you will be marching beside tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

C'mon lets not be so negative.

Regardless what you think, at least we'll see all restrictions being lifted on Thursday morning as a result of the protest tomorrow.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

TomTomTim wrote: »
    This is pure selective framing. I've said it already, but if you Google image search the event you'll see many photos showing the opposite. You had to look it up, and ignore all the counter evidence, and carefully select a photo that supports your view.
    Alright then post them

Anyone who thinks it's a selective photo and there were actually hordes of tightly packed maskless posters there can check the Dublin live or Irish mirror pages on it like I did

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/live-sarah-everard-dublin-protest-23736965

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/live-protesters-gather-dublin-city-20183448

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Wat? I thought it was the literal SS that was coming tomorrow?

Still waiting for your plan for all this. You're protesting something, you must have an alternative solution worked out right?

What is it?

This is just an excuse for malcontents to have a load of cans, call the Gardaí some horrible names, act the prick, and then make out it's some sort of legitimate protest or standing up against some sort of perceived elite.

Everyone is bored of lockdown, and have sympathy by those who have been negatively impacted by the lockdowns. The sort of knobs who will rock up to RTÉ tomorrow though are the type of knuckledraggers who watched a few Facebook videos and follow fellow malcontents on Twitter.

Wat? I thought it was the literal SS that was coming tomorrow?

Nope, lots of UDA & EDL men though, and so called Irish "patriots" marching beside them?

Fuck that, go and lick them brit boots lad, a shame on yourself.

Go on, look it up, you know it's true too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

MOR316 wrote: »

"O'Qanon" crowd are thinking bigger than one person, "RTE is literally drinking the blood of abducted children" is their level of thinking.

• Advertisement

Alright then post them

Anyone who thinks it's a selective photo and there were actually hordes of tightly packed maskless posters there can check the Dublin live or Irish mirror pages on it like I did

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/live-sarah-everard-dublin-protest-23736965

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/live-protesters-gather-dublin-city-20183448

Should they have been there? Mass gatherings are prohibited at the moment.

It's not like the issue they are protesting about is going to be resolved to their satisfaction before July. Couldn't it wait until then?

Advertisement