Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liffey Valley Park

• 16-03-2021 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

I see an old thread about this estate but looking for more recent experiences of people living there. Interested in buying there but hearing very mixed things. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Frescati

I am living in living in Liffey Valley Park since it was built and love it here. There is a lovely neighbourly feel and it is very quiet. Since the crash in 2008 most of those who have bought houses are owner occupiers and this has helped to give it a more homely and settled feel. There are nice green areas and plenty of parking in comparison with some of the newer build estates. It is handy to be near Liffey Valley and the M50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭keizer

Frescati wrote: »
    I am living in living in Liffey Valley Park since it was built and love it here. There is a lovely neighbourly feel and it is very quiet. Since the crash in 2008 most of those who have bought houses are owner occupiers and this has helped to give it a more homely and settled feel. There are nice green areas and plenty of parking in comparison with some of the newer build estates. It is handy to be near Liffey Valley and the M50.

I lived there for twelve years. Grand estate, handy to a lot of amenities and very close to the N4 & M50. Also, the roads are wide enough to facilitate parking, unlike newer estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

Frescati wrote: »

That’s great thank you. My main concern was that because it’s so big it wouldn’t feel ‘neighbourly’ but that very reassuring.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

keizer wrote: »
    I lived there for twelve years. Grand estate, handy to a lot of amenities and very close to the N4 & M50. Also, the roads are wide enough to facilitate parking, unlike newer estates.

Brilliant thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭keizer

hi! wrote: »
    That’s great thank you. My main concern was that because it’s so big it wouldn’t feel ‘neighbourly’ but that very reassuring.

The neighbours that we had were great. Still in touch with some of them. Do your homework, visit the area at different times to see what it's like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 kateb1

Been living there for more than 10 years now, it has become much quieter and community focused over the past 5/6 yrs. There is a residents association whatsapp group, and last Christmas everyone came together and put up lights on all the trees around the estate. Many residents do "clean ups" when needed and the council are good at keeping the green areas cut. It has fantastic access to N4/ M50 etc, and you're not backed up trying to get onto either roads like you would be if you were further back in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DS_Liffey

Been living in the estate for last 14 years. The main feature I see is the community spirit. As kateb1 said, whole community came together to put up Christmas lights in the estate last year. Recently, volunteers came forward to paint the street walls. I can say I feel comfortable living in the estate and have had no complaints so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing, DS_Liffey and welcome to boards.ie :-)

Advertisement