Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One reason the numbers are not decreasing

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Why people want to continue testing asymptomatic people so long after the WHO has said only symptomatic people should be tested.

The oddballs are those that want to hold on to this forever and ever ....

Not a single person wants to hold onto the current restrictions forever. Only a simpleton would argue otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Have heard more than 1 report of Gardai attending house parties, drinking in "closed" bars, etc.
    I suspect unless you went in and protested in the Phoenix Park until Drew Harris came to talk, it would never even get to the level in AGS where it would be investigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

See previous responses.

So there's a lockdown being enforced.

The lockdown is recommended by the brightest minds in the country in this field of experience and it is being enforced by the people you elected (unless you support SF or smaller parties).

So, according to you it is OK for people to break the lockdown according to your or their own justification instead?

I don't think people should break the lockdown but if they do, I'm not going to report them to the guards or anyone else. We're not living in some communist dictatorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The only reason numbers are not decreasing is because of the total unnecessary testing of healthy people to tell them they’re sick

Give up that sh1t and numbers will drop dramatically. Base restrictions on actual admissions to hospitals with covid complications and we may be able to salvage something before the whole country goes down the pan....
    Donald baby, we've missed you!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

is_that_so wrote: »
    Donald baby, we've missed you!

The WHO stated only symptomatic people should be tested but for some reason we continue to test asymptomatic people in this country...

Have we missed that memo or is our glorious NPHET standard bearers of global medical science.....
    That they continue recommending testing these people is baffling

• Advertisement

There is one reason the numbers are not decreasing.

Too many people are no longer making any effort to limit their contacts.

End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭User1998

My local pub has been open all year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

See previous responses.

So there's a lockdown being enforced.

The lockdown is recommended by the brightest minds in the country in this field of experience and it is being enforced by the people you elected (unless you support SF or smaller parties).

So, according to you it is OK for people to break the lockdown according to your or their own justification instead?

I'll give you 5 out of 10. Mainly because the amount of responses you're getting impresses me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Why people want to continue testing asymptomatic people so long after the WHO has said only symptomatic people should be tested.

The oddballs are those that want to hold on to this forever and ever ....

When did they say that?

Throw up a link there.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 wanderwhithme

ShyMets wrote: »
    I'll give you 5 out of 10. Mainly because the amount of responses you're getting impresses me

Thanks.

I think it's because it is an evocative topic and that i have first hand experience that i am relating.
    It may be anecdotal to everyone else on here but it is first hand to me.

It is also because i am response to this thread because i am so ticked off.

I am ticked off because most people i know in my social ring are following the lockdown restrictions diligently. Yet here i find others that are not and havn't been doing so.

And to boot, there are people who are actually facilitating this.

I don't so much mind the participants (because anyone can be swayed & persuaded) but i do mind the facilitators.

It's like a suicide bomber. Once they've done their deed they are gone but its the people who convinced them and facilitated the action who need to be accounted for.

• Advertisement

Thanks.

I think it's because it is an evocative topic and that i have first hand experience that i am relating.
    It may be anecdotal to everyone else on here but it is first hand to me.

It is also because i am response to this thread because i am so ticked off.

I am ticked off because most people i know in my social ring are following the lockdown restrictions diligently. Yet here i find others that are not and havn't been doing so.

And to boot, there are people who are actually facilitating this.

I don't so much mind the participants (because anyone can be swayed & persuaded) but i do mind the facilitators.

It's like a suicide bomber. Once they've done their deed they are gone but its the people who convinced them and facilitated the action who need to be accounted for.

Call the Garda or maybe write a stern letter to your local TD.

Be sure to let us know how you get on. I'll on be on the preverbal edge of my seat

Call the Garda or maybe write a stern letter to your local TD.

Be sure to let us know how you get on. I'll on be on the preverbal edge of my seat

I did call the local Garda station yesterday (in a different area) to get a bit of advice on who polices this stuff.
    He said that it was the Gardaí themselves.

However, if the local Gards are complicit in something (in seemingly the entire area) then who does it get raised up to?

And having being told that the perps get warning, how does one ensure that whatever Garda HQ (or whomever) does is not related down the chain?

The more i type, the more i see a CSI, NCSI, JAG type situation.

:confused:

I did call the local Garda station yesterday (in a different area) to get a bit of advice on who polices this stuff.
    He said that it was the Gardaí themselves.

However, if the local Gards are complicit in something (in seemingly the entire area) then who does it get raised up to?

And having being told that the perps get warning, how does one ensure that whatever Garda HQ (or whomever) does is not related down the chain?

The more i type, the more i see a CSI, NCSI, JAG type situation.

:confused:

So now you're alleging corruption in the Garda. Serious stuff.

I'll let the Mods handle this

So now you're alleging corruption in the Garda. Serious stuff.

I'll let the Mods handle this

Not as an organisation.
    There is always individuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,080 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Numbers are increasing for two reasons

1. People aren't keeping 2m from others
    2. People aren't cleaning their hands before touching their faces

Numbers are increasing for two reasons

1. People aren't keeping 2m from others
    2. People aren't cleaning their hands before touching their faces

True.
    And they don't realise it either.

Even adjusting your mask or moving it or taking it off requires touching it and hence requires cleaning of hands etc. But people don't realise this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The clowns in nphet forgot to study subtraction for their maths inter certs.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

OP

You are spouting an awful lot of heresay in this thread.

Please provide a shred of evidence & we will consider re-opening the thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement