Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linda Hayden - Social Democrats

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Then as now, those who practice histrionic piety are invariably headed for a scandal as their hypocrisy eats away at them.

And the loudest and most virtuous back then were never the brightest...in fact they were the opposite.

At least religion has a spiritual element to it if that is your thing...this wave of self righteousness is rooted in narcissism, the ugliest of human traits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Hayden never even attempted to start the process of reporting the allegation of rape. Nevermind any convictions

(Irish Times 2019)

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/ireland-has-a-rape-culture-woman-who-was-assaulted-calls-for-more-victim-protection-1.4033034

She gave the following logic for not doing so even after 20 years have passed since the alleged incident:

"Writing on Twitter this week to mark the anniversary of what happened to her,
    Linda Hayden said she never reported it to gardaí then, or since,
    saying she refused to give her attackers “power over me”.

So in effect if her allegation of been drugged and raped is true. There are dangerous men who have previously drugged and raped a woman, freely walking the streets for 20 years.

That is not really providing protection for other rape victims at all, as they could rape again. The irony is not lost on me, given Hayen's advocating for the 'protection' of rape victims. What about potential future rape victims from those two men?
    I'm not defending Hayden and her despicable behaviour. Someone can be a victim and not an nice person.

However you blame a rape victim for not reporting a crime that very likely won't be prosecuted and or end in conviction. At the same time victim would have to go through traumatic experience.

Let's change the gender of the victim becauseI think that is the main reason for your thinking. Do you blame the boys who didn't report sexual assaults by priests, coaches or teachers for them continuing abuse of other boys?

If you are truly saying that victim is responsible for the future crimes committed then you disgust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Holly Cairns was found out to have been behind some juvenile attention seeking tweets about promising to get plenty of abortions just for a laugh and protest

Then she’s protesting about men

Then she was protesting about lack of men in maternity hospitals (to prevent COVID spread)

Then she’s protesting about greyhound sports

Loves a good protest, bandwagon and photo op

Inconsistent, attention seeking, a parody of themselves and crucially, never actually does anything

Dáil and Seanad is full of people like Cairns and Hayden

Eh, she is in opposition?? Do you dislike her positions on this or do you just dislike her personally? You'd likely be complaining if she was cruising along and not debating these issues aswell, like a lot of her colleagues in dail eireann

"Protesting about men in maternity hospitals" > I presume you are talking about partners being allowed to support their wives and girlfriends during labour? She did well to advocate for pregnant women on this

"Protesting about greyhound sports" > yeah, the millions of taxpayers money that is wasted on it every year. Maybe you are in favour of this?

You can disagree with the stance on these issues if you want but HC has been fairly competent in raising these issues. She certainly isn't the worst TD and far more competent than a lot of TDs for FF, FG, SF and the rest. Linda hayden wouldn't be fit to lace her boots

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭dontmindme

meeeeh wrote: »
    I'm not defending Hayden and her despicable behaviour. Someone can be a victim and not an nice person.

However you blame a rape victim for not reporting a crime that very likely won't be prosecuted and or end in conviction. At the same time victim would have to go through traumatic experience.

Let's change the gender of the victim becauseI think that is the main reason for your thinking. Do you blame the boys who didn't report sexual assaults by priests, coaches or teachers for them continuing abuse of other boys?

If you are truly saying that victim is responsible for the future crimes committed then you disgust me.

What rape victim?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Fair dues to gript, they got her good and proper. Also quite cleverly they kept the story going over a few different articles giving her and the people on 'her side' enough rope to make it worse.
    I'd be a lefty liberal type who hates the editorial angle of gript, but you'd have to doff the cap at an investigative job well done.
    It was actually this chap who dug up her old tweets. The other Twitter SJWs turned on her after reading them.

https://twitter.com/newsworthy_ie/status/1369310520159989762

Gript latched on to the story two days later and gave it more oxygen.

https://gript.ie/social-democrat-election-candidate-apologizes-for-allegedly-racist-comments/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,719 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I did not say that all you have manufactured that somehow. By Hayden not reporting a rape it gives those same individuals the chance to rape again. Her responsibly is not the crime or any future crimes committed by those individuals.
    Her responsibility is failure to report those individuals. That is where her responsibility only lies.
    Legally, she has no responsibility for any crimes those two men, may or may not have committed in the last 20 years.

The gender of all the individuals involved are irrelevant, as far as I am concerned.

It could be man who was raped by another man and I would still view it the same. As a person who has set themselves up as the 'protector' of rape victims (without even getting into the rest of the circus) and failing to set a proper example to other rape victims.
    What sort of advocate is that?

But yet never even reported a rape after over 20 years yet be 'rape victim advocate', something is seriously wrong somewhere. As surely those involved in such a community would have advised her to report the rape. Yet even recently she seems to revel in telling people how she refuses to report the rape.
    It raises a question of whether she is also giving a good example, to other rape victims.

In those two decades the alleged perpetrators would who have a propensity to rape could and who knows maybe have, raped another individual.

I would question an individual's state of mind. And whether they really have the interests of rape victims at heart, if a rape advocate still does not want to report a rape after 20 years. What an example to set?

How many times have we heard victims of sexual abuse coming forward to bring a person to court so that the abuser will not to the same to others? In the cases clerical abuse cases? Not only do it for themselves they do it for others who may have suffered with them. Plus they do it to set an example for others, who are going through the same thing. For justice etc.

Also, although a traumatic experience, a court case can bring a rape victim 'closure' as they call it. Which Hayden clearly does not have.

As her state of mind has now lead her to the current situation which as lead to this thread. Does Hayden even want 'closure'? Or does she just want to be a rape victim celebrity? Only she can answer that that question.

You can pretend to be disgusted with me, all you want. And use me as a lightning rod for your disdain. But it does not change the facts Hayden has had two decades to report a rape. Yet refuses to do so.

Not only that he took the piss out of other rape victims sending images, and going to to the Gardaí without their consent.
    Which is extremely hypocritical on many levels.

If Hayden really wanted justice she would have reported the rape. But as late as 2019 she still point blank refuses to. Everything else is a smokescreen.

She needs professional help to get her to that stage in my opinion. I am not qualified to give that medical advice. If you are, feel free to enlighten me and those on this thread, about the steps she should take.
    To get herself in the correct frame of mind etc.
    Because the woman clearly is not very well, even form layman point of view looking on. Something is wrong somewhere. You only have to read this thread to see that.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I did not say that all you have manufactured that somehow. By Hayden not reporting a rape it gives those same individuals the chance to rape again. Her responsibly is not the crime or any future crimes commited by those individuals.
    Her responsibility is failure to report those individuals That is where her responsibility lies.

The gender of all the individuals involved are irrelevant as far as I am concerned.

It could be man who was raped by another man and I would still view it as a person who has set themselves up as the 'protector' of rape victims, without even getting into the rest of the circus.

But yet never even reported a rape after over 20 years yet be rape victim advocate something is seriously wrong somewhere. As surely those involved in such a community would have advised her to report the rape. Yet she seems to revel in telling people how she refuses to report the rape.
    It raises a question of whether she is also giving a good example to other rape victims.

In those two decades the alleged perpetrators would who have a propensity to rape could and who knows maybe have, raped another individual.

I would question an individual's state of mind. And whether they really have the interests of rape victims at heart, if a rape advocate still does not want to report a rape after 20 years.

How many times have we heard victims of sexual abuse coming forward to bring a person to court so that the abuser will not to the same to others?

Also although a traumatic experience, a court case can bring a rape victim 'closure' as they call it. Which Hayden clearly does not have.

As her state of mind has now lead her to the current situation which as lead to this thread. Does Hayden even want 'closure'? Or does she just want to be a rape victim celebrity? Only she can answer that that question.

You can pretend to be disgusted with me, all you want. And use me as a lightning rod for your disdain. But it does not change the facts Hayden has had two decades to report a rape. Yet refuses to do so.

Not only that he took the piss out of other rape victims sending images, and going to to the Gardaí without their consent.
    Which is extremely hypocritical on many levels.

If Hayden really wanted justice she would have reported the rape. But as late as 2019 she still point blank refuses to. Everything else is a smokescreen.

She needs professional help to get her to that stage in my opinion. I am not qualified to give medical advice. If you are ,feel free to enlighten me and those on this thread about the steps she should take to get herself in the correct frame of mind to do so.

What individuals? and what rape? Has her claim anything at all to back it up other than this person saying "many years ago I was drugged and raped", sure we can all say that. This person seems twisted enough to see it as a badge of honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Lol awkward for such a liberal woke party like the SDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

wall of text

I was going to respond as someone who has a bit of experience in the subject. I won't bother. I don't think there is any point. However I do have one tinny little point, how easy do you think it is to identify the two men after 20 years? Do you think she stayed friends with them?

Anyway it's a waste of time...

dontmindme wrote: »
    What individuals? and what rape? Has her claim anything at all to back it up other than this person saying "many years ago I was drugged and raped", sure we can all say that. This person seems twisted enough to see it as a badge of honour.

In previous posts I said 'alleged' rape. Which perhaps I should have done so in that post. I assumed it was taken as such again saves typing it each time.

However, I can understand your cynicism based on her past actions. It is getting hard for a lot of people to believe her as it has been lie on top of lie recently. With many past actions which seem unjustifiable.

Personally I believe she was telling the truth about her alleged rape and was traumatised after it. Resulting in the chain of events that has lead to this thread.

It seems to be her 'coping mechanism' of sorts to lash out. And from what I read her narcissistic personality, may have been a consequence of her alleged rape.

• Advertisement

It was actually this chap who dug up her old tweets. The other Twitter SJWs turned on her after reading them.

https://twitter.com/newsworthy_ie/status/1369310520159989762

Gript latched on to the story two days later and gave it more oxygen.

https://gript.ie/social-democrat-election-candidate-apologizes-for-allegedly-racist-comments/

They definitely seemed to do a good job of chasing it. And they were right to do so, I think. However, I feel sorry for all those rape victims who looked up to Hayden for guidance and example. How must they feel?

In previous posts I said 'alleged' rape. Which perhaps I should have done so in that post. I assumed it was taken as such again saves typing it each time.

However, I can understand your cynicism based on her past actions. It is getting hard for a lot of people to believe her as it has been lie on top of lie recently. With many past actions which seem unjustifiable.

Personally I believe she was telling the truth about her alleged rape and was traumatised after it. Resulting in the chain of events that has lead to this thread.

It seems to be her 'coping mechanism' of sorts to lash out. And from what I read her narcissistic personality, may have been a consequence of her alleged rape.

Like really?? Half of the twitteratti including the donald himself...they've all been raped??!! :eek:

I was going to respond as someone who has a bit of experience in the subject. I won't bother. I don't think there is any point. However I do have one tinny little point, how easy do you think it is to identify the two men after 20 years? Do you think she stayed friends with them?

Anyway it's a waste of time...

It is not a waste of time. Why has she let it lie for so long as a rape victim advocate? With that attitude you have no rape victim would ever get any perpetrator convicted.

You seem determined to manufacture excuses and somehow give Hayden an 'out' an excuse for doing nothing. There has been murder cases solved after decades.

Just because the crime alleged is rape, you seem to be determined to add a few layers of hypothetical exuses.

Yet she is steadfast in her refusal to report the rape as she claims it will not give the alleged perpetrators power over her.

Yet to me it seems they have complete power over her. She has deluded herself that she is in a position of power. She is not. Imagine if the alleged perpetrators were reading all this stuff online. They would say we are in the clear.

She has not even tried one iota to bring them to justice. And not only that has codded herself into pretending she forgave her alleged rapists. Yet rages against everyone else it seems. Clearly troubled.

It is not a waste of time. Why has she let it lie for so long. With that attitude you have no rape victim would ever get any perpetrator convicted.
    You seem determined to manufacture excuses and some how give Hayden an 'out' an excuse for doing nothing. There has been murder cases solved after decades.

Just because the crime alleged is rape, you seem to be determined to add a few layers of hypothetical exuses.

Yet she is steadfast in her refusal to report the rape as she claims it will not give the alleged perpetrators power over her.

Yet to me it seems they have complete power over her. She has deluded herself that she is in a position of power. She is not. Imagine if the alleged perpetrators were reading all this stuff online. They would say we are in the clear.

She has not even tried one iota to bring them to justice. And not only that has codded herself into pretending she forgave her alleged rapists. Yet rages against everyone else it seems. Clearly troubled.

She comes across as a spoofer of the highest order.

Like really?? Half of the twitteratti including the donald himself...they've all been raped??!! :eek:

A narcissistic personality does not necessarily mean a person has been raped. You have created a logical fallacy there.

This is what I mean:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_trauma_syndrome

'Rape trauma among women often results in intense narcissistic rage, which the rape victim may direct at herself or at others experienced as unsuccessful self-objects. As the victimology scholar Elaine Hilberman writes, the rape survivor "experiences not only overwhelming fear for her very existence, but an equally overwhelming sense of helplessness which few other events in one's life can parallel".

Along with many other behaviours associated with 'Rape Trauma'

https://www.justice.gov/file/1121326/download

A narcissistic personality does not necessarily mean a person has been raped. You have created a logical fallacy there.

This is what I mean:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_trauma_syndrome

'Rape trauma among women often results in intense narcissistic rage, which the rape victim may direct at herself or at others experienced as unsuccessful self-objects. As the victimology scholar Elaine Hilberman writes, the rape survivor "experiences not only overwhelming fear for her very existence, but an equally overwhelming sense of helplessness which few other events in one's life can parallel".

Along with many other behaviours associated with 'Rape Trauma'

https://www.justice.gov/file/1121326/download

I understand the sensitivity in this but for someone to make the claim of rape and can offer no supporting evidence or account of it does not strike me as convincing.

I understand the sensitivity in this but for someone to make the claim of rape and can offer no supporting evidence or account of it does not strike me as convincing.

Well her antics have not helped her cause at all. If she ever decides to bring the case to court. Any defence will use all her antics online to damage her credibility.

Well her antics have not helped her cause at all. If she ever decides to bring the case to court. Any defence will use all her antics online to damage her credibility.

Surely she can do as you have done, and attribute her vile behaviour to her historical trauma. Going on your logic it must have been a horrific attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Gript is that guy who runs in when someone is already on the ground, kicks them in the head and runs away again.

I wouldn't give Gript any dues on this one. I'm they were creaming themselves at the idea of getting one up on the libtards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

seamus wrote: »
    Gript is that guy who runs in when someone is already on the ground, kicks them in the head and runs away again.

I wouldn't give Gript any dues on this one. I'm they were creaming themselves at the idea of getting one up on the libtards.

Fair play to them for exposing a racist.

Cancel culture is a bitch :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

I think you're being intentionally dishonest because you simply don't agree with the politics of those writing the article.

If the shoe was on the other foot, you would be creaming yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

It wouldn't matter if the KKK wrote an article about it, the screenshots speak for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭SnazzyPig

You didn't just change the gender of the victim, you also changed them from being an adult to being a child.

Big difference.

Don't shoot the messenger! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Akesh wrote: »
    I think you're being intentionally dishonest because you simply don't agree with the politics of those writing the article.

If the shoe was on the other foot, you would be creaming yourself.

It was the newsworthy_ie twitter account that broke this, and kept dripping the information over a few days - Gript just jumped all over it to try and grab some of the attention for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

blackwhite wrote: »
    It was the newsworthy_ie twitter account that broke this, and kept dripping the information over a few days - Gript just jumped all over it to try and grab some of the attention for themselves.

And? How does that devalue anything that they've reported? It's funny how "attack the post not the poster" is a rule here, yet not "attack the substance and not the source".

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

TomTomTim wrote: »
    And? How does that devalue anything that they've reported? It's funny how "attack the post not the poster" is a rule here, yet not "attack the substance and not the source".

It doesn't - however there's some of the usual cadre on here looking to deify Gript for stealing someone else's story and trying to imply it was their own findings. Fairly obvious that they're more interested in promoting Gript as some sort of serious journalism when it really isn't - all it's few contributors do is take the stories that fit their agenda, and then fail to give credit to the actual breakers of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

blackwhite wrote: »
    It doesn't - however there's some of the usual cadre on here looking to deify Gript for stealing someone else's story and trying to imply it was their own findings. Fairly obvious that they're more interested in promoting Gript as some sort of serious journalism when it really isn't - all it's few contributors do is take the stories that fit their agenda, and then fail to give credit to the actual breakers of the story.

Could we have links to the original breakers of the stories though, Ideally if I could stop the derailment talking about gript and only have people discuss the story and Lindas racism and ibsa id be much happier

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

"The real problem here is not that someone is a racist, is the people who are exposing her racism."

• Advertisement

Could we have links to the original breakers of the stories though, Ideally if I could stop the derailment talking about gript and only have people discuss the story and Lindas racism and ibsa id be much happier

All there on @newsworthy_ie twitter from 9th March onwards

AFAIK that account is run by someone linked to PBP - which wouldn't exactly be my cup of tea either - but credit where it's due for breaking the story

Advertisement