Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for trolling apparantly

Options
  • 16-03-2021 6:59pm

I have been banned from politics, in what I believe is yet another example of why the place is just an echo chamber.

Can someone look in to this for me, the mod in question has advised me to take it here.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,032 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I note your post, Aegir.

Can you please forward me any PM communication between you and the moderator. You can send it via PM or post it here in full.

Thanks.

Thanks Aegir, I've received your PM.

Hi Aegir,

I've had a look at this. On the face of things, a two week ban seems excessive for that post alone. I don't like the thoughts of any forum becoming, or being accused of being an echo chamber. Discussion and disagreement leads to healthy debate.

Politics of course is notoriously divisive!

I think all posters should have the right to disagree with someone else's point, or indeed refute it. But in order for it to be discussion there has to be a little bit more substance to it. I know you have been asked previously to not post 1 liner, sarcastic comments. And the post you were banned for was indeed that.

However, I am happy to reduce your ban to one week. I note that your bans have been applied incrementally and your last ban was for 1 week. In this circumstance however I feel a 2 week ban is on the excessive side.

Are you happy with this?

Hi Aegir,

I've had a look at this. On the face of things, a two week ban seems excessive for that post alone. I don't like the thoughts of any forum becoming, or being accused of being an echo chamber. Discussion and disagreement leads to healthy debate.

Politics of course is notoriously divisive!

I think all posters should have the right to disagree with someone else's point, or indeed refute it. But in order for it to be discussion there has to be a little bit more substance to it. I know you have been asked previously to not post 1 liner, sarcastic comments. And the post you were banned for was indeed that.

However, I am happy to reduce your ban to one week. I note that your bans have been applied incrementally and your last ban was for 1 week. In this circumstance however I feel a 2 week ban is on the excessive side.

Are you happy with this?

I am, thank you for looking in to this.

OK, I will have this marked as resolved, and let the local moderators know.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement