Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Excavation

Options
  • 16-03-2021 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting about 42sq meters excavated in my garden, to about 500cm depth, no access issues but soil would need to be taken away.

How much would I expect to pay and where does one go about finding someone to do that kind of work? I'm in Kildare. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Robertr wrote: »
    Looking at getting about 42sq meters excavated in my garden, to about 500cm depth, no access issues but soil would need to be taken away.

How much would I expect to pay and where does one go about finding someone to do that kind of work? I'm in Kildare. Thanks.

When you say no access issues would that mean there's space to work a 9 or 12 ton excavator and park a tipper lorry beside it to load up prob about 34 ton of spoil to remove do two runs.
    Or would it be a mini digger and mini dumper run out to the front and 2 runs with a grab lorry

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Hi, its a flat site 1/3 Acre, and you would fit a 9 ton and tipper past the house into the rear. The 12 ton might be a bit overkill in terms of the work area, it needs to be a 26 foot diameter circle.

Advertisement