Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trading up to a new build, contract situation

Options
  • 16-03-2021 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, hopefully someone on here can give me some guidance.

Went sale agreed on my property last week, everything been drawn up on the legal side to be sent to the purchasers solicitors. We have a deposit on a new build and the contracts arrived today, we were told contacts must be signed and returned in 21 days. Is this the same timeliness for people who are selling a house to finance another? 3 weeks seems very tight to get everything tidying up regarding selling my house. My solicitor is already in possession of my deeds so that won't be an issue. But I feel 21 days is very short, what if the purchaser drags her heels signing? What if she requests info that takes a while to get?

My question is are developers strict on the 21 days or is it flexible, utilities isn't my issue if I don't get them as I already have furniture.

Thanks

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭private

Hi, I was in a similar situation a few years back and my solicitor was very helpful in delaying things while keeping the opposing solicitors happy. We were at least 4 weeks after the 21 days without a problem. Talk to your solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Deedee21

private wrote: »
    Hi, I was in a similar situation a few years back and my solicitor was very helpful in delaying things while keeping the opposing solicitors happy. We were at least 4 weeks after the 21 days without a problem. Talk to your solicitor.

Thanks for that, appreciate the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭private

You're very welcome. I wish you minimum stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

private wrote: »

We were very similar last year.

From recollection my solicitor had enough questions and holidays to delay 10 weeks.

I did have to take a few pushy calls from the selling estate agent but nothing too stressful.

Transpires when we did eventually close our sale and sign they were not even ready for us to snag despite their moaning.

Advertisement